Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Super stressed, please help!?

Hello! I am new and need some help. My sponsor is too busy to answer any of my questions, so if someone could give me the info I need I would really appreciate it. My first question is, if my hostess purchases the hostess exclusive items, do those items not count towards my numbers? Ex. The hostess purchases the beauty bundle for $20, and the room to grow bin for $30. Hostess also uses her 50% hostess discount to purchase an about town blanket for $20. Does that $70 not count towards my start swell or ready set sell consultant incentive numbers( party total without hostess items $437). I just signed up last week and have busted my butt to reach the ready set sell goal of $500, I thought I had enough to reach that goal with the hostesses purchases too but then I read something about hostess items not counting, and I am not sure exactly what that means for my party total.Also, what is the latest that my order can be turned in to make the deadline in time for the ready set sell incentive? I have so many questions and am so stressed out now, which is a real bummer because I was so excited to sign up and get started.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Super WAHM

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but no, none of the Hostess Rewards go towards anything for us, with the exception of Hostess Credit Overages. Ex: If the Hostess Credit for her party is $40, but she picks out $55 worth of products, then you get PV, commission, StartSwell/RSS/Dream Rewards credits for the $15 over the $40.

The latest that the orders can be submitted is 11:59 PM in whatever time zone you are in on the 15th. HOWEVER, some words of advice: Don't wait until the last minute to submit anything, in case you run into any problems (i.e. denied credit cards).
Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Super WAHM

OOps - sorry, the 14th, today.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Bummer! I am completely broke until I get paid at my regular job on Friday, and I work a 12 hour shift tommorow and have no way to get any more orders on time. I am really frustrated that my director has been too busy to answer any questions or help me get started, I haven't spoke to her since ordering my kit. She said that she had a lot going on, but yet she has posted recipes, family pics, YouTube videos etc on Facebook but couldn't find time to take 5 minutes to send a reply to any of my questions! I was so excited, now I am just really stressed and am wondering how much I can tolerate her lack of support. I really wish I would have been aware of this sooner. thank you so much for your quick reply, it means a lot that total strangers are quicker to help me then someone who is making money for what I sell but yet is too busy to help me.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered WAHM

Also, is it for sure the 15th that the order needs to be submitted for the ready set sell? I thought the info I saw online said $500 in volume the 1rst -14th. If it is the 15th maybe I can magically find one more $70 order, but thats even still a stretch.....
Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Haha, I saw ur oops after I posted that last question, so no need to answer again! Sorry about that!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Super WAHM

I sent you a PM I noticed you are new to the board here so to get to the messages, go to the top of the page, just below your name and you will see "Private Messages" underlined. When you click on it, it will bring up the messages you have.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Registered WAHM

So if the hostess gets a half priced item, even though its a regular item and they are still paying for it, you don't get the credit for that either? That really stinks, that could leave a lot out of the total credit for the consultant if the hostess received 2 or 3 half priced items.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Super WAHM

Nope, none of the Hostess Rewards. Now, if she is making a purchase towards the party, besides her Hostess Credit, Hostess 1/2 price, and Hostess Exclusive, then you would get credit for all of that.

So like this month, let's say she wants one of the 1/2 price purses and she doesn't want to use her Hostess 1/2 Price Credit for it. (Maybe she wants to get a higher priced item like the Retro Weekender or something like that). So, she purchases a Large Utility Tote for $35, then she gets a 1/2 price Suite Skirt Purse for $30. That $65 WOULD go towards you PV and everything else.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by melissaferrell; 08-13-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:25 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrushelkins View Post
So if the hostess gets a half priced item, even though its a regular item and they are still paying for it, you don't get the credit for that either? That really stinks, that could leave a lot out of the total credit for the consultant if the hostess received 2 or 3 half priced items.
Here is the reason for it.

75% of our product line is $35 or less. That is a huge reason for the success of our business-affordability.

We get paid on our Personal Volume. Personal Volume includes our customers' retail sales and if there is any overage past the free credit, we get Volume on that. We are paid our Commission on Personal Volume. Essentially anything that is being purchased at regular price plus the customer specials.

If they gave us credit for 50% off items as well as Host Exclusives. they would be paying us commission (and earning incentives!) on something that is already discounted. So they would be giving the customer FREE stuff Plus paying us commission on the discounted stuff.

The company has to make money and keep the prices down. Because they work to . keep the prices down, we make more money by growing and making it easy to book parties and have sales.

When I sold jewelry, we got credit for everything for the most part. I loved it. But our average price points was like $60-$70. It made it MUCH harder to get sales and book parties. Hosts are harder to find when they don't think their friends can afford to buy something-no matter how pretty the stuff is.

Our company strives really hard to keep us competitive in the market place and so there are things that we don't make commission on. I think that our average party sales are a good reflection that they are making good choices. We have one of the highest party averages in the industry (over $600) and yet, 75% of our product line is $35 or less. Women love us because we are affordable.

HTH
Leanne

Tags
2013, consultant, ready set sell, start swell, thirty one