Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 PM
WAHM Master

Default Here is the way to start your business

I thought I would address a couple of the concerns here about the kits and getting Started with Start Swell. The first SS is really the one that is challenging. Because it generally takes about 8-9 days to get your kit and you are trying to learn all at the same time. SO, my advice to my new team members or prospective consultants is this.

Find 2-3 hostesses who are out of town from you (out of state friends and family) and get them to do a catalog show for you. Once you have those, order your kit. Then set a date for your business launch or debut show about 2 weeks after you enroll.

Once you get your kit, get those hostess packets out to your catalog shows hostesses. Also set their party up online on your website. After that focus on getting people to your launch. Get those invites out. Drop catalogs off to people to get them excited to see the product in person. Use the mini catalogs for invitations.

SO. once you have your debut show about 2 weeks in and you close those 2 catalog shows around 3 weeks after you enroll, you will have hit your 3 parties (and probably $1000 in sales) in your first 30 days. Then the bookings you get from your debut show (plus any others you have also gotten from handing out those catalogs) will go for your second Start Swell stage.

This is what I did when I got started and it was very doable! I think it is about timing your enrollment after you find a couple of out of town people to help. The reason you want the two catalog shows to be out of towners is that they aren't likely to come to your debut but you can still get orders from their local crowd.

HTH!
Leanne
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Super WAHM

I wish I had thought about all of the before I signed up, lol!! I feel like I picked a bad time. Most of my people want to wait for the summer catalog, so that already puts me at May 1st, and I signed up on April16 th. I hosted a catalog party right before i decided to sign up, so everyone bought from the Spring Catalog. Oh well, live and learn, right! I am just happy I have friends and family willing to buy again so soon, while I try to branch outside of my "circle".
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacurtis2 View Post
I wish I had thought about all of the before I signed up, lol!! ....Most of my people want to wait for the summer catalog, so that already puts me at May 1st, and I signed up on April16 th. I hosted a catalog party right before i decided to sign up, so everyone bought from the Spring Catalog. ....
Me too (catalog hostess, didn't plan much before I started), except I have a bunch of catalog parties going on because my upline gave me some catalogs.

I've really gone full force with the, "The April Special is incredible and prices are going up May 1st," line, and that seems to be going pretty well for me. It's also finals prep time and it's really hard to make time to do much. If I had known the 30 days to get your $1k started the day you signed up, I probably would have waited until after finals. C'est la vie.

I need to plan my debut!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 PM
WAHM Regular

i wonder why they start that befor u get your kit. I signed up today. Kinda hard to get started without it
WAHM Regular

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking when I joined either - i'm kind of in the same boat as you other ladies. I have a catalog show going right now but I don't think it has any sales yet. I assume not because nothing is showing up. *sigh*
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambowv View Post
i wonder why they start that befor u get your kit.
For real! They have the shipping info, so they should know when you get it. Although I guess if you don't hit your goal they don't have to pay you back.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 AM
WAHM Regular

I am just as frusterated as you ladies. I feel like the company really didn't think this through. I think so many of us all waited until April 16th to sign up that they can't keep up with all of us. I just called the customer service line today and the lady was no help. She told me she doesn't even think my order shipped yet. She said the partial shipment was probably linked to when i entered in my first four parties. She couldn't give me a tracking number or anything. She opened a "case" with another team that didn't get in the office until 9am to assist me with my Start Swell concerns because I do not think it is fari to have to wait two weeks to get your kit but you are expected to have 3 parties with 30 days. Kind of hard to accomplish if you are waiting 15 of those 30 days just for your kit, which includes the order forms and catalogs!

I just I am just frusterated with the whole process. I hope it turns around because I had a $2300 party right before I signed up so I know I can do well at this, just need the tools to be able to do it.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Super WAHM

I called last night and was told to call and ask to speak to the Career and Guidelines Dept and to request to have you Start Swell date pushed back. She said to just write down when your kit does finally arrive, she said they are really backed up because of the volume of orders and are willing to push back your start date.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

That is correct! They were overwhelmed with the number of people that joined and so kits are slowly getting out. All you need to do is call the HO and they will adjust your SS dates if your kit was shipped out after the allowed shipping time (which is 4 business days for kits). Since most of you are on 5 business days it would qualify.

I personally coached my new consultants to not join on April 16. Your best bet is to schedule your kickoff party and then work backwards to determine when to join. Knowing they would get the summer kit and catalogs, they are hosting their kickoff party this weekend or next (depending on the person) and then ordered their kit 5-7 days beforehand - once again alot depending on their UPS/FedEx ship time from the HO.

As Leanne said at the beginning, the first SS is the hardest to achieve, but it is doable. You can easily do 3 parties in one week or weekend. It can be done. You just have to have the determination to get it done and achieve your goals.

I would encourage all of you to work with your sponsors on this. That is what they are there for - to guide and support you so you can achieve your goals.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 AM
WAHM Master

Absolutely Angie!!

I know I had one gal chomping at the bit. She so wanted April 16th to just join but we talked and she waited until this Sunday to join so she could time it right. SHe is actually going out of town the last week of her SS so we have even less time but she has her plan in place and I know she is going to do it!

Our company wants you to be successful. They dont think like "let's delay the kits so they won't earn the rebate." They are just not like that at all. Did you know that we rose from #87 to #24 on the Top 100 DS list in about a year??? THere is a reason for that!

You are with the right company at the right time. There is a reason your kits are delayed! It is because everyone is recognizing that 31 has something to offer. That 31 is marketable in their area. So just be patient (as much as you can!). The company WILL adjust your SS dates.

Just to give you an example. When I joined, the kits didn't ship out for about 7 days and then it was about 5 for UPS to get it to me. SO really I only had about 2 and a half weeks. I still did it. I had my plan. Focus on what you can be doing in the mean time. Get ready for your first party. Start gathering supplies you will need for it. Make your list of 62. The kit isn't as important as your training right now.

HTH
Leanne