WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Telecommuting (https://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommuting-34/)
-   -   Any Suggestions? (https://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommuting-34/753187-any-suggestions.html)

ShellyRenee 05-06-2015 03:32 PM

Any Suggestions?

I'm a regular poster here and I share my feedback on WAH companies I have worked for.

I am not an IC nor do I care to become one. I don't have a phone with headset for landline. I only have a USB headset.

I am looking for PT (30 hrs max weekly) as a CSR or the like. I'm available 8am to 9pm, daily. I have near 10 years of Customer Service experience from various facets of retail. I also have 6 months WAH experience as a CSR.

For some reason, Enterprise, Convergys and Uhaul think I'm not good enough.

Any info is appreciated!

(Please note, I've worked for Teletech and Sutherland already with bad experience from both)

danasurvey 05-06-2015 03:44 PM

Maybe West at Home or Kelly Services? I've seen both hire for work at home positions in the past. You may also want to try freelance type sites like Upwork (formerly known as Odesk) and Elance.

AndrewW 05-06-2015 05:36 PM

There's a good list of Call Centers here:

Work at Home Call Center and Customer Service Jobs

ShellyRenee 05-07-2015 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danasurvey (Post 3253717)
Maybe West at Home or Kelly Services? I've seen both hire for work at home positions in the past. You may also want to try freelance type sites like Upwork (formerly known as Odesk) and Elance.

According to an email I got from eLance, they and oDesk merged to become Upwork. I have had no luck with eLance currently and no luck in the past with oDesk.

West At Home requires a landline phone, unfortunately.

ShellyRenee 05-07-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMarshall (Post 3253722)
there are many work at home type jobs that can be done with your computer. there are online surveys and tons of sales and marketing jobs. that's what i do.

I've been trying survey sites. I'm not comfortable sharing my REAL information because we all know it's being sold. Also, I've only been able to do one survey and get paid for it. All others take my time to answer 10 or so questions only to say "sorry you don't qualify for this survey". Time I'm not being paid for. So 30 minutes of surveys to find one I qualify for and get $2. Not worth it.

Sales & Marketing? In this economy where people are struggling just to find enough work to feed their families, what are you trying to sell?

ShellyRenee 05-07-2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewW (Post 3253721)
There's a good list of Call Centers here:

Work at Home Call Center and Customer Service Jobs

I have gone down that entire list at least 5 times.

A) Not hiring
B) Landline phone and IC requirement
C) Not hiring in my state
D) Turned down for unknown reason (Convergys, Enterprise, etc)
E) Pay per minute of call which is NOT worth my time.

ShellyRenee 05-07-2015 05:54 AM

Please don't take my responses as negative or shooting anyone down, it's just I've been there and done that and I'm fed up. I have excellent qualifications but I don't think that's what half these companies really want, to be honest.

homebasedwork 05-07-2015 06:40 AM

You aren't an Independent Contractor and don't care to become one? That's what 95% of WAH jobs are...not sure what you mean by that.

Getting a landline is something that you should consider especially when there are places that require one. I'd rather do calls over a landline than through the computer. Too many technical issues that is never a companies fault, but yours....

And welcome to our world. we are all frustrated.

samrhett2 05-07-2015 09:15 AM

I share your frustration, ShellyRenee. I am about to give up WAH after almost three years. I had a good job and got layed off when they lost some accounts. I looked for something for six long months and never found anything. I can't take phone calls from frustrated cable subscribers all day long for barely minimum wage. Call me a wimp, but I just can't bear the thought.

I finally took a job at a local animal rescue. I only work four hours a day, five days a week and it doesn't pay well, but at least I feel like I am doing some good.

I desperately need an afternoon/evening job, but can't find anything. Because the rescue work is so physically hard, I don't feel like I am up to going to another job afterwards, but I think I will have to because I just can't find anything WAH.

I am 53, a single mom. I am struggling, scared and angry that I have worked hard my whole life, built up skills I thought were marketable, but now no matter what I do, I can't find jobs locally or WAH. It is really sad.

Trese 05-07-2015 01:39 PM

I was going to suggest Nexrep cuz you use a usb headset there. But you don't want to be an IC? :confused: I am happy working there.