WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Telecommuting (https://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommuting-34/)
-   -   Jobs where you can set your own hours? (https://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommuting-34/741237-jobs-where-you-can-set-your-own-hours.html)

maurice.cowell 08-20-2014 12:50 AM

There are a few call centers that allow you to choose your schedule that works best for you. With writing jobs, you can freely choose when you can work, as long as you are able to deliver what you have written on time. Most online jobs I know actually lets you choose freely your desired schedule.

sadonathan8839 08-21-2014 04:13 PM

I used to work at a call center an hour from my house and it was like the person said earlier I bidded on my shift and sometimes I got it or close other times not at all. After 2 years I got an evening shift when I needed at least midday shift.

I put in my notice and started looking for a call center at home. Based on one youtube video in particular I joined Arise. Some may not like them but honestly I love it. Best decision for me. I currently service At&t but have considering doing two just to have a backup. I have not been there long about 3 months. I have almost got all the bonuses for my dept and I pick my hrs in 30 min blocks. So I work until just before my kids get off the bus. And I work till noon on Sat and Sun or later if I want a full weekend day. I usually take all Thursday off so I have a weekday too. I am making more than my previous call center job which feels crazy.

I know there are other companies but Arise is the only one I have tried and knock on wood have had a great experience. But there is like liveops, west, and alpine access, and some other ones. For me this is better than intermittent writing work or something like that. It is something I can count on and I still do whatever other things in my spare time as now I plan my work around my life vs my life around my work.

Riverside 08-21-2014 08:08 PM

sadonathan8839, when you say you pick your hours in 30 min. blocks, do you get to pick them each day? Or do you have to pick them, say, a week in advance?? Or some other time frame??

I am hoping to find a flexible call center job. It would be great to find one that just lets you log in whenever you want to. I wonder if any of them do that? My days are usually so up and down -- I need something to where I could log in at different times each day...if that's possible. Are you able to pick your hours day by day?

MartezJ 08-23-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverside (Post 3227284)
sadonathan8839, when you say you pick your hours in 30 min. blocks, do you get to pick them each day? Or do you have to pick them, say, a week in advance?? Or some other time frame??

I am hoping to find a flexible call center job. It would be great to find one that just lets you log in whenever you want to. I wonder if any of them do that? My days are usually so up and down -- I need something to where I could log in at different times each day...if that's possible. Are you able to pick your hours day by day?

Exactly. That is what I am looking for because when you think about it, many part-time; brick and mortor jobs allow you to make your own schedule by calling in to work everyday, so I am wondering if there are any work from home job positions like that. Hmmm....