Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Dyson.com is hiring online chat/email agents!

**UPDATE**

They have stopped accepting applications. When they start back up again I will let you know!

Last edited by Pari_Nicole; 07-23-2019 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added info
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2019, 06:47 PM
WAHM Regular

JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Online Advisor
Department: Customer Experience - 90000
Reports To: Supervisor, WFM & Digital Support
Salary Range: $16.00

PURPOSE OF POSITION
Come join Dyson’s fun, fast paced, and growing Owner Experience team as a Customer Experience Online Advisor! As an Advisor you will be responsible for delivering an outstanding, positive customer service and sales experience to consumers via live chat, email, and SMS monitoring. Advisors will also provide support for projects related to the Dyson.com online spares and accessories e-commerce store, the Dyson.com support section, as well as contact customers to address issues that are raised through the Dyson.com user review program. You will also support customers by phone during peak times and overflow. This is a full-time REMOTE position with a starting hourly rate of $16.00 and a full benefits package available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment. Training will be provided and performance bonus/incentive opportunities are available.

MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Live Chat
• Resolve a plethora of customer issues including sales, check out support, technical trouble-shooting, and service requests
• Conduct real-time research to determine the best solution for the customer – this requires immediate responses and quick thinking
• Identify and capture sales opportunities to drive revenue and achieve conversion rates
• Communicate information on other Dyson products to promote cross-selling opportunities to existing customers
• Input customer sales information into CRM system in order to process orders efficiently and in a timely manner
• Achieve effective and timely resolution of customer inquiries, issues, or questions, aiming for a first contact resolution and escalating where appropriate
Email Correspondence
• Review and enthusiastically respond to customer concerns via email within 3-hours of receiving
• Conduct research to determine the best solution that fully resolves a customer’s concerns, and capture customer data and input it into CRM system
• Identify sales opportunities and drive revenue – situations where a customer may benefit from a new product and an upgrade in technology
• Use concise and specific language that upholds the Dyson brand and resolves customer concerns expeditiously

Telephone Support (work cell phones usually given for this, by Dyson)
• Handle telephone calls from customers with pre-sales support inquiries, after-sales support issues, and technical questions on products (as needed during peak times and overflow)
Embody the qualities of an engaged, motivated, and proactive team member
• Demonstrate resilience and adaptability in a continuously changing work environment
• Take ownership of the impact of decisions and actions; exercise sound judgment in all interactions
• Take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
• Relish opportunities to pick up new projects or responsibilities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role

INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATIONS
Experience and Education
• High School diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
• 1 year of experience in an online customer support role that includes live chat required
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a high quality customer service role required
• Experience working in a remote, work from home environment a big plus
• Prior experience selling a product or service is ideal
• Knowledge of CRM systems (SAP) and live chat platforms (BoldChat) preferred
• Experience working in a major ecommerce customer support environment preferred
• Familiarity with social media websites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo Answers, YouTube, etc.)
Skills
• Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, select holidays and required overtime
• Proven technical aptitude including proficiency with Microsoft Office, a computer and other systems; ability to type 50 wpm
• Strong/advanced written and oral communication skills required – must be demonstrated
• High level customer service orientation required including a desire to help or serve others, identify and meet their needs, and build rapport
• Proven technical aptitude including proficiency with Microsoft Office, a computer and other systems; ability to type 50 wpm
• Demonstrated experience applying the following skills: negotiation, multi-tasking, analytical & conceptual thinking, and time management
• Self-awareness including knowing when to work independently and when to ask for help
• Punctuality and consistent work attendance are required
• 0-5% travel may be required
• Must have a designated (separate from general living areas), distraction-free space to work in that is free from background noise during work time
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Old 07-17-2019, 11:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi Nicole,

Just sent you an email, as I have 12 years of online sales and customer support experience (phone, chat, and email). Thanks so much!

Last edited by JasonC; 07-17-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:24 AM
WAHM Regular

I emailed you also Nicole with my resume so you can see my qualifications for the referral for this position. Thank you so much for doing this for us.

Amanda L Teter
Old 07-18-2019, 01:27 PM
WAHM Regular

How flexible is the scheduling? Would they hire someone for nights/weekends?
Old 07-19-2019, 08:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Chat and email support at Dyson.com is 24/7. I myself work the overnight/graveyard shift. But I do not know about how they are going to schedule any applicant. That is something you should discuss with the recruiter if you are contacted/invited to apply.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:04 PM
WAHM Regular

How long does it take to hear back anything after you apply? I got the referral like an hour after I PM ed. you. Sent in my app right after I got it.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:12 AM
WAHM Regular

I got an email the other day saying I did not make the class on August. 12th. I hope they have another class and I get in it. They are keeping my resume on file.