Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Remote Tech Support Positions

So I have been looking at and for Remote Tech Support positions lately and I've come to a point I am stuck.

Most all of these jobs want you to have experience but if that is the case, how are these folks supposed to get that experience?

They never mention any college-related classes that qualify as experience or anything like that.

Searches on google for this information led me into a swamp of information about colleges and their computer science degrees that are so keyword heavy that tech support just gets drowned in that sorry mess of a keyword orgy.

So I'm stuck. Do I actually need particular college classes for this position in the beginning or are their companies that hire and train? Or what do I need to do to get one of these jobs and start building experience to get to the better-paying positions?

I literally have been using, building, repairing, and maintaining computers and related tech for 40 years now. That should count for something.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Super WAHM

I wish I can help you. Sadly, that's how it is these days when it comes to employment, the catch-22 of needing experience where you can't get any.

Did you tell prospective employers about your 40 years of experience? I think it should count for something, too.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Super WAHM

Perhaps I can help you. I just found this tech support job lead. You can check it out: https://www.digitalstorm.com/job-tech-support.asp
Old 02-14-2019, 09:43 AM
WAHM Regular

That is a start. Its sorta like what I am looking for but not exactly. I suspect I'd need experience to get that job as well even though it is not stated.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:39 PM
Grand WAHM

If there are any local call centers in your area, you could try working for one of them (at their location). Doing so would give you the experience that the work at home opportunities are asking for.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:08 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Try applying for an apple support job with Kelly Connect. You don't need tech experience.
https://www.kellyservices.us/us/other/kellyhome/