Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

Default WFH Job Hiring - No Phones - Typing Medical Charts

Do you have a strong medical vocabulary and excellent written English? Can you comfortably work with the Google Suite of products? Would you like to work from home? We have a great team, and we are expanding rapidly.

Virtual medical scribes at iScribes work directly with physicians and other providers, and learn about medicine by listening to and documenting patient encounters for a medical provider.

How is it done? Our scribes listen to recorded patient visits, and are responsible for updating the electronic medical record with pertinent medical history; physical examination, assessment and plan, findings and procedures. They are matched with a medical provider, and they are trusted and valued by their medical team and by us. They cover provider's three 8 hour clinic days, usually 25 to 35 medical charts per clinic day.

Virtual medical scribes benefit from flexible hours on fixed days, and the ability to work from home. We will consider candidates who work 25 hours or less elsewhere too.

Requirements:

Medical Scribe or Medical Transcriptionist experience is strongly preferred
Working knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical records is strongly preferred.
Must be detail-oriented and strive to constantly improve knowledge and skills.
Must have the ability to work 8-9 hours on three fixed weekdays each week, consistently.
Mastery of English language with excellent verbal/written communication absolutely required.
You must have a typing speed of 60 words per minute or higher.
Reliable, newer computer with strong internet connection needed in a private or secure room / location
Must be a resident of, and authorized to work in the United States. Really, you must be IN the US to be able to work on this role.
At this time we do not operate in the states of: WA, OR, CA, MA, RI, VT, HI, CO, MD, NY, AZ or CT, nor in Chicago, DC or New York City and its Boroughs.
Pay starts at $8.50/hr and is productivity based. Training is paid, and it lasts 6-8 weeks. There is a path to management in this position for those who excel.

Please fill out an application at the link below. We will only consider applications submitted through this link.

https://iscribes.co/iscribes-careers/

Learn more about our company here: http://www.iscribes.co
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Super WAHM

$8.50???? So sick of low pay.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Awesome WAHM

I actually got hired and the pay is very low for this job. It's a shame too because it's a pretty interesting job. But you're basically overworked with little pay.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestgirl View Post
I actually got hired and the pay is very low for this job. It's a shame too because it's a pretty interesting job. But you're basically overworked with little pay.

That is a shame, because this sounds like a job I would really enjoy. Unfortunately, this seems to be happening more and more.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:38 AM
WAHM Addict

Default I know

Geese they should at least offer $10
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
$8.50???? So sick of low pay.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.wow $8.50 sounds interesting but that pay really stinks
Old 08-26-2018, 09:05 AM
Awesome WAHM

Has anyone heard back? I have applied several times and I never hear anything.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:38 AM
Registered WAHM

I applied last week and was contacted for an interview less than 24 hours after applying. I took the position. $8.50 doesn't sound like a lot of money but I look at it as being paid to learn medical transcription. Additionally, after 60 days the pay increases to $10.00 and productivity bonuses are offered. I'm going to do my best to learn and advance.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:45 AM
Registered WAHM

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I see NOT much has changed at all with the pay scales when working from home. I guess employers feel since you basically have NO expenses related to commuting, vehicle, gas, clothing allowances, etc., they can pay you pennies. At least a living wage should be negotiable. Sad and shameful as $10.00/hr is still not much. I'd also be careful with those "productivity bonus" carrots. Alas however, these employers know someone will take their pay offers, so they are in no hurry to pay adequately.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 AM
WAHM Master

Cool Might Be Good Practice for Newbies

This might be a great practice opportunity for those who want to see if transcription is right for them.

Don't sell yourself short though. Once you get your feet wet and learn the basics, demand much higher pay!

Tags
typing at home, wfh, wfh jobs