Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:37 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraj1980 View Post
I applied last week and was contacted for an interview less than 24 hours after applying. I took the position. $8.50 doesn't sound like a lot of money but I look at it as being paid to learn medical transcription. Additionally, after 60 days the pay increases to $10.00 and productivity bonuses are offered. I'm going to do my best to learn and advance.
Just wondering how it went - if you actually are still there and what you experienced.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2018, 03:00 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm curious as well. The job sounds like a great opportunity, but the pay is not something I can see myself accepting at this moment. I hope things are going well for you, but when you get a moment let us know how it's going and is it worth it.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Registered WAHM

The last time I was serious about looking for WAH/WFM jobs was well over a decade ago and honestly from what I can remember, jobs like this were almost unheard of - least for the transcription/coding/billing field so this is awesome to see, even at low pay. Back then 2-5 years of in-hospital experience were mandatory to apply/be seriously considered. I'll be tempted to throw my hat into the ring before too long probably, never hurts to apply and try.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:26 AM
Registered WAHM

Default iScribes Recruiter: Clarifying pay

Hello all!
Someone brought this thread to my attention, regarding the training pay.

Our jobs are for people with writing skills. A medical background is of course preferred, but it is not a requirement. It is a good opportunity for candidates who have the ability to write well, and who would like to get into the medical field.

We are very happy to be able to pay during training, and we know that it is rare. From the moment you start training until you are working reliably our scribes are paid $8.5 an hour. Once they achieve independence pay goes up to $10 per hour, with productions bonuses. There are benefits options if a person is able to build up to work around 40 hours per week, but the role is designed to be 24 hours per week minimum, between Monday and Friday.

There's direct contact with the medical provider (usually a surgeon) and scribes are trained on 2-3 doctors they work with regularly.

I hope this helps provide a little better picture of what working as a scribe with us is like.

Kind regards,

Andrea Schwartz
Scribe Recruiter
iScribes, now part of Nuance Communications

Tags
typing at home, wfh, wfh jobs