Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Data Entry Similar to GAO?

Hey Everyone!

I currently work for Great American Opportunities and I love the work(only downside is the limited amount of work sometimes). It fits my schedule perfectly with my family & I enjoy what I do. Does anyone else who works for them know of any other jobs that are similar to this one as far as the data entry part of the job? I would love to get another nest egg going with the same type of work involved.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Grand WAHM

Legitimate data entry opportunities seem to be pretty scarce and when they do come up, there is a lot of competition. Have you considered any other types of opportunities?
Old 02-13-2017, 01:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBel1286 View Post
Hey Everyone!

I currently work for Great American Opportunities and I love the work(only downside is the limited amount of work sometimes). It fits my schedule perfectly with my family & I enjoy what I do. Does anyone else who works for them know of any other jobs that are similar to this one as far as the data entry part of the job? I would love to get another nest egg going with the same type of work involved.

Thanks in advance!
Similar work is hard to find. One year I lucked out & found a few months worth of batch work on mturk (dog license forms - extract like GAO) but once it dried up, never saw it again. Many others work in transcription when not working for GAO. We (gao contractors) have a FB page if you don't already belong, but it hasn't been very active this Spring. If you want to test out transcription, you can do so fairly easily on mturk - if you like it, then apply to reg. companies that pay more.

If you really like structured work, you can also try out jobs similar to google rater (bing also offers similar work along w/google ads) - there are several companies out there, the pay is good and there is usually always work because of the large burnout/turnover - it also involves a great deal of learning & testing - I've done it several times over the years when I needed money. Some people love the work, myself, I lean towards the more creative work - but it's a choice.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuggitt View Post
Similar work is hard to find. One year I lucked out & found a few months worth of batch work on mturk (dog license forms - extract like GAO) but once it dried up, never saw it again. Many others work in transcription when not working for GAO. We (gao contractors) have a FB page if you don't already belong, but it hasn't been very active this Spring. If you want to test out transcription, you can do so fairly easily on mturk - if you like it, then apply to reg. companies that pay more.

If you really like structured work, you can also try out jobs similar to google rater (bing also offers similar work along w/google ads) - there are several companies out there, the pay is good and there is usually always work because of the large burnout/turnover - it also involves a great deal of learning & testing - I've done it several times over the years when I needed money. Some people love the work, myself, I lean towards the more creative work - but it's a choice.
Can I ask what GAO is? I'm looking for work and not sure where to look for something legit at. Thank you
Old 03-28-2017, 01:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Default data entry similar to gao

Rondal - GAO is entering magazine subscription information into their online system. It's seasonal work, but I have always been paid on time and they are very quick to help out if you have any issues. Great company to work for if you enjoy data entry.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBel1286 View Post
Rondal - GAO is entering magazine subscription information into their online system. It's seasonal work, but I have always been paid on time and they are very quick to help out if you have any issues. Great company to work for if you enjoy data entry.
MelBel - so have you found good project(s) to supplement GAO this Spring ? This year I'll be crafting & merchandising (but over the years have tried a ton of the online work so have lots of good leads if you are still looking)
Old 04-03-2017, 06:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Similar to Gao

No, unfortunately I have not found anything else. I am definitely interested in what you've found! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuggitt View Post
MelBel - so have you found good project(s) to supplement GAO this Spring ? This year I'll be crafting & merchandising (but over the years have tried a ton of the online work so have lots of good leads if you are still looking)