Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:21 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Crawford Media Services

Hi, All!

I recently started working at Crawford Media Services, which is a company that does metadata writing. Do any of you work, or have worked with this company within the past few months? If so, do you have any idea what is going on with the work situation? Initially, I was told that this job would be a long term position, and even if the project came to an end, there would be more projects that we could be transferred to. This is an independent contractor position, by the way. Within the last couple of weeks, the work has completely dried up, and from what I can tell, the company is not being transparent with the contractors at all. This is very frustrating, and I have no idea what to do now. This job really was an excellent find, for those who were looking for non-phone work.

Last edited by Audri2010; 04-07-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2016, 12:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi,

I just took their test last night and received an email congratulating me that I passed within an hour. I filled out the necessary paperwork this morning and am waiting for a time to begin training. I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but I'm hoping you can answer mine.

In their job ad they state that you have to pass the "quiz" and attend a live online training session to be considered for employment. So my question for you is... Since I passed the test, do I have to perform well in the training also to land the job or am I in once I go through the training? The wording is just confusing. The email stated nothing about the training, except that they will begin soon. Thanks for any information. I am holding out a lot of hope for this position!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:11 AM
WAHM Addict

I work for Crawford. I was told the work will start back up beginning of May.. which has come and gone. I'm hoping that the fact they are hiring again means they are anticipating more work soon.?

To try to answer your question chjery, training isn't something you "pass" per say. You have to show up and be present the WHOLE time. Training gives you a basic idea what you will be doing. Once you start working after training, they give you some time to catch on to things and that's how they base their decision to keep you or let you go if you're not a good fit.

With this job, doing it is really the only way to learn it in my opinion. They give you time to figure it all out though. HTH!!

Last edited by Kelbell; 05-21-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much!! That makes perfect sense to me. I'm still waiting for them to let me about when the training will begin. I look forward to giving it my all. The pay is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbell View Post
I work for Crawford. I was told the work will start back up beginning of May.. which has come and gone. I'm hoping that the fact they are hiring again means they are anticipating more work soon.?

To try to answer your question chjery, training isn't something you "pass" per say. You have to show up and be present the WHOLE time. Training gives you a basic idea what you will be doing. Once you start working after training, they give you some time to catch on to things and that's how they base their decision to keep you or let you go if you're not a good fit.

With this job, doing it is really the only way to learn it in my opinion. They give you time to figure it all out though. HTH!!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Perfectly Posh Consultant

Default question

what kind of work is performed for this company -- is it non phone?

thank you
Old 05-31-2016, 08:29 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

Yes it is non-phone work. This is why the job is such a rare find. I also never had an issue with getting paid on time, when work was available. I just hope that work starts back up again soon.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Registered WAHM

PleasThanks so much!! That makes perfect sense to me. I'm still waiting for them to let me about when the training will begin. I look forward to giving it my all. The pay is great!!e click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Very interested

Hi, please tell me more. [email protected]
Old 06-07-2016, 03:57 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm still waiting to find out when training will begin. They said it could take several weeks and that was on May 19th. I look forward to giving it my all as well.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:03 PM
More WAHM Gigs

Default Apply

Is there a link to apply? Thank you.