Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:20 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Radical changes! Looking for some wisdom!

So, I've posted here many a time over the years about financial woes and struggles - I think pretty much EVERYWHERE in the US is wayyyyyyyyy too expensive to live well these days. And, after many years of living paycheck to paycheck, my hubby and I recently made the life altering decision to grab the proverbial 'bull by the horns', and STOP living that way!!

In a nutshell, we broke our lease on our $2200/mo crappy apartment (which I refer to as the 'crapartment' for simplicity's sake...), bought a shiny new travel trailer, found an awesome place to park it, and we moved in!! It's saving us about $100 a MONTH, which is amazing.

I'm homeschooling the kiddo now, and really loving it, but I'm FRUSTRATED not being able to work, or earn any money of my own.

I've got a little Etsy store I am working on filling up, and I do some freelance website testing and stuff (which doesn't generate much $$) but I would LOVE to find something that would offer a bit more 'dependable' income.

My biggest challenges are:
1) No phone line (POTS) - I do have a cell and great service though!
2) Limited internet (we have a wifi hotspot through Tmobile that works great, but it's sorta expensive)
3) Homeshooling = kid is ALWAYS home
4) No space for 'parties' or anything (the RV park we live in has a beautiful clubhouse, but it's only open 8-5 while most folks are working)
5) Down to one income, I don't have much to invest to start a HBB/MLM/etc.

I've been trying to come up with ways to do some sort of crafty stuff that could maybe spark the interest of summertime campers and such here at the RV park, but again, even if i CAN come up with something, there is no guarantee I'll make any $$ at all sooooooo.... I just figured I'd take a sec to tap into the resource that is WAHM and see if any of you fine folks have any inspirational feedback for me!

I'm all ears!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2016, 09:05 AM
Grand WAHM

If it's possible to get a less limited Internet connection, you should check the postings in this section of the forum. You may also want to check freelancing sites like Upwork too.

Good luck.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:14 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon80134 View Post
So, I've posted here many a time over the years about financial woes and struggles - I think pretty much EVERYWHERE in the US is wayyyyyyyyy too expensive to live well these days. And, after many years of living paycheck to paycheck, my hubby and I recently made the life altering decision to grab the proverbial 'bull by the horns', and STOP living that way!!

In a nutshell, we broke our lease on our $2200/mo crappy apartment (which I refer to as the 'crapartment' for simplicity's sake...), bought a shiny new travel trailer, found an awesome place to park it, and we moved in!! It's saving us about $100 a MONTH, which is amazing.

I'm homeschooling the kiddo now, and really loving it, but I'm FRUSTRATED not being able to work, or earn any money of my own.

I've got a little Etsy store I am working on filling up, and I do some freelance website testing and stuff (which doesn't generate much $$) but I would LOVE to find something that would offer a bit more 'dependable' income.

My biggest challenges are:
1) No phone line (POTS) - I do have a cell and great service though!
2) Limited internet (we have a wifi hotspot through Tmobile that works great, but it's sorta expensive)
3) Homeshooling = kid is ALWAYS home
4) No space for 'parties' or anything (the RV park we live in has a beautiful clubhouse, but it's only open 8-5 while most folks are working)
5) Down to one income, I don't have much to invest to start a HBB/MLM/etc.

I've been trying to come up with ways to do some sort of crafty stuff that could maybe spark the interest of summertime campers and such here at the RV park, but again, even if i CAN come up with something, there is no guarantee I'll make any $$ at all sooooooo.... I just figured I'd take a sec to tap into the resource that is WAHM and see if any of you fine folks have any inspirational feedback for me!

I'm all ears!

Thank you!
I would suggest freelance writing, blogging maybe search engine evaluation. All these things are mostly text based and don't have a landline or hard internet requirement and you can do them on your own time somewhere with free wifi as well. Good luck!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Getting Creative

It sounds like to me you're on the right track of finding how you can make money by getting creative with what and who's around you. You home-school, so maybe you can offer something to campers that you can do outside for their children like a little art class or story telling for an hour a day or so. Sky's the limit. With limited internet and not having a landline, work at home opportunities can be very limited. I say keep thinking about what you can do that doesn't involve having to use those things to generate income.

Have fun and best hopes to you finding exactly what you need and are looking for in an extra income resource!

P.S. I don't know where you live but it sounds like to me you guys may want to travel to the South. $2,000 for an apartment and a crappy one at that; where do they do that at? NOT every city or state is as expensive. I'm in Georgia and I hate the heat but I love the cost of living and wouldn't have it any other way. It's definitely worth the research and relocation when you're looking to save money but still want a nice place to live.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Lightbulb 6ya (the evolution of Fixya)

6ya is looking for experts to talk to people through a cell phone app.

https://www.6ya.com/experts