Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Ideas please

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know of a company that I can work for online that I can set my own hours, and don't need a land-line, or a college degree? I have a high school diploma, and am looking for my first at-home job. I'm still pretty young, so I don't have experience in the workplace either. I need a job that doesn't require years of experience or anything like that.

I do have a cell phone, and a great internet connection.

Any suggestions or tips to help me out would be appreciated greatly! Thank you!

~shiri
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Grand WAHM

Writing may be one area to consider. The hours are often very flexible. You may also want to check out freelance type sites like Upwork.

And be sure to search through the Telecommuting section. You'll find lots of stuff here.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Registered WAHM

You could definitely try writing. Like another poster said, Upwork is a good place. But there you also need to keep bidding on projects,communicating to clients, etc. That's a lot of work. Instead, look up Google for things like "content writing agency", "on demand content writing in NYC", etc. - you can often find a good bunch of agencies that will pay you for every article.

They may ask you to show some sample articles though. So you may want to start a free blog (or use Quora or Medium) to write a bunch of articles on various topics that you can provide them as sample.

Other things you could do are Virtual assistants, Social media marketing, etc. For each of these, try the same strategy I mentioned above to find an agency that already has clients to manage and offer to work remotely. Finding clients yourself is hard work and not worth the effort in the initial stages.

Tags
online, work at home, work online from home