Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Angry Convergys -Comcast. NIGHTMARE!

Hello [email protected] World.

Before I begin I just want to notify you that this is MY personal experience. I am not trying to bash or make the company look bad but this is from MY personal experience with Convergys.

I started working for Convergys and was offered the Comcast position. When I first spoke to the recruiter she was able to notify to me that she would work with my schedule and of course I accepted the job offer. I was excited. I have worked from home before and had a lot of experience. To be honest, training was just relaxing, watching videos and just going over information. We were given screenshots of the main program/system we were going to use. *Which I found very odd made training confusing. The support you get from the trainer I have to say is great, also the help from other agents (during talk and drive..production).
Fast forwarding when I am now taking calls on my own using a system we were NOT taught how to use, and troubleshooting steps that were all over the place. First day - I literally had an anxiety attack they made it seem like the easiest thing in the world and BAM! Back to back calls that literally drove me crazy. You had NO support. For some odd reason my Team Leader was gone, missing, and no one else would respond.
None of my coworkers lasted you would see less, and less people show up. And these poor customers ... it was horrible. Not to mention, the pay was ..... super low. IT people were rude and barely spoke English.

I finally quit. And thank God I was blessed with an email support job.

just letting you guys know my experience, hopefully no one else went through the same nightmare I did.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Grand WAHM

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I hope you find something better soon.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:33 AM
Super WAHM

Default Oh my.

Hopefully you will find something better. There are other companies that do similar tech support out there. You can check us out.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

The person DID find something.They mentioned it was email support.

Yes that Convergys does throw people in the frying pot.Red flag is sending you screen shots of the systems instead of actually being able to practice on the system...dumb move...they're not the only ones who do that though. The company will always be a huge cluster *F*!!! I don't know why the hell they just don't stop doing wfh since they don't know how to do it properly.When training...people need to physically practice instead of screen shots,throwing people on the phones will make most people quit within 1 week...
I worked with them in 2010...didn't last long.I wasn't told what type of customer service job I would be working until I started training!! If I would have known it had to do with phones..I wouldn't have applied.These companies need to explain in detail what type of Customer Service the job is instead of saying customer service...that could be anything!!! Not everyone wants to deal with frigging phones or cable crap or IT support...that all can fall under Customer Service but they need to be upfront with it.

Last edited by codergirl; 11-04-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Registered WAHM

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up before you apply. They paint a pretty picture but it's nothing like you think it is. I found an amazing job! That's way less stress free. Let me repeat that, less stress free. I feel so much better. I actually went through a depression... because of the stress.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that had the same experience...
Old 11-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Can you share with us where you found your e-mail position? I would love to find something that allows me to be available for an aging family member without necessarily having to be on the phone...We live in a fairly remote area and trying to commute to the city is nearly an hour drive one way on a twisty 2 lane road...
Old 11-05-2015, 01:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Yikes about the Convergys job! I applied there but am on a wireless laptop and they want wired. I may not bother.

I would love to know what the e-mail support position is all about!
Old 11-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

[QUOTE=KCee63;3267095]Yikes about the Convergys job! I applied there but am on a wireless laptop and they want wired. I may not bother.

I would love to know what the e-mail support position is all about![/QUOT

All you need to become wired is buy an ethernet cord and plug it into your laptop..
Old 11-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi everyone

I worked for Convergys too and was not impressed. I worked for them for over a year and to save my sanity, I had to quit. Not too long ago I got a class action lawsuit announcement regarding them in the mail...can't say that I was surprised
Old 11-06-2015, 12:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah I keep hearing bad things about them but Congrats on your email support job!