Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:02 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I agree, it is frustrating. I have applied to jobs that almost exactly matched my resume without even getting an interview. I applied for a job the other day that was almost exactly the same job I was doing before I was laid off at my last job. It is not a common job description so I find it hard to believe they got that many applicants that had done the job before. They never responded.

I actually discussed this with a career counselor and she told me that many times the person who writes the job description does such a poor job that they are not even really listing the important requirements. She also said that many times they post jobs to satisfy a requirement to do so, but they already have someone in mind to hire.

Who knows? It sure does get frustrating. I guess that is why it is better to be the job poster and not the job seeker.

I am literally about to give up. In over five months I have not been able to find anything that will pay over $11-$12 per hour and I can't support myself and my son on that amount. I have tons of experience, tech savvy, have an impressive work history, yet I am being offered the same things I could make at McDonalds.

I am now considering B&M jobs, although they are very scarce in my area. I have considered selling my house and moving, but landing in a new town without a job seems too risky. Unemployment runs out next week. Not sure what I am supposed to do.

The other day I told someone that I feel like a fool. Instead of spending 10 hours a day, almost every day, looking for jobs and applying for everything I can find, I should have just taken this time off to relax, work in my yard, walk the beach, etc. The results would have been the same. This job market is like nothing I have ever seen.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Oh wow ShellyRenee, that is crazy. @Samrhrett2, I know how you feel. Im finding it very difficult to find something that is not only a legitimate job but one that will treat you like an employee. My previous work at home job was fantastic. We were remote employees. Not a call center. There was a personnel dept, monthly townhall meetings with the CEO. You name it. The only problem for me was being able to meet the monthly sales quota. However most of the jobs Im applying for now, seem to not value employees at all. They "hire" you and then leave you waiting. Not only that they seem quick to fire you. I just had an interview today and Im not sure if it is going to work in my favor. Trying to keep hope alive !

Tags
telecommuting jobs, telecommuting moms jobs, work at home 100% online, work at home 4 moms, work at home jobs