Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation Land Line Phone - What do you use?

I am having a hard time finding a land line phone with a headset jack. One that I did find on Amazon turned out to have an incorrect description and the Q&A portion allegedly for that model was completely off. When I first read them, answers were yes, there was a headset jack on it. But when the phone arrived, there was no jack to be found. So I went back to listing page and the Q&A was different and mixed this time. Upon refreshing the page, the Q&A changed yet again! Very misleading.

Also, could I use an adapter to plug the headset directly into the space for the handset? I don't know if or how well this would work. Would love the advice of those who have knowledge on this!

So I ask your help fellow WAHMs, what do you use? I need something affordable. Not looking to spend anymore than $20-25. Maybe one of you has one lying around you don't use anymore?

I look forward to your responses!

Last edited by ShellyRenee; 03-25-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Banned

It can be done either way.

In my case I've got a Panasonic KX-TS105B telephone which has a headset jack.

But due to the noise level in here with the computers running, I'm still going though a separate amplifier.

Plantronics Vista M22 and a Plantronics headset.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewW View Post
It can be done either way.

In my case I've got a Panasonic KX-TS105B telephone which has a headset jack.

But due to the noise level in here with the computers running, I'm still going though a separate amplifier.

Plantronics Vista M22 and a Plantronics headset.
Wow. That's a $200 phone! I don't need bells and whistles. I just need a phone with a headset jack OR someone to show me how a USB headset with an adapter can work being plugged into the handset port of a land line phone.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Talking Plantronics T10

I use a Plantronics T10 when I have to use landline. It's a little more than you were looking to go unless you can find one used, but it doesn't cost the Earth.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyRenee View Post
Wow. That's a $200 phone! I don't need bells and whistles. I just need a phone with a headset jack OR someone to show me how a USB headset with an adapter can work being plugged into the handset port of a land line phone.
Hmmm, maybe I should sell mine on Amazon they sure want enough for it... ($199.95)

Instead, try:

Panasonic KX-TS105B/W Corded 1 Line Integrated Telephone System with Handsfree Speakerphone

That's a lot more like what I paid for it anyways (though got it from Fry's myself.