Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:23 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Talking Postmates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
OK, so I had my phone interview a little over half an hour ago with Erica @ Postmates. It went well. It was very quick (7 mins to be exact). She explained about the company and the job and asked if I had any questions, which I did and she answered them. Then I told her I was very much interested in the job, so she sent me a link to sign-up. The form consisted of your normal informational questions, so that they can perform a background check. So, your name, address, SSN #, etc.

She said it would take about 24 to 48 hours to get back the results from the background check & if all goes well there, she would contact me regarding the link to sign into their work bench.

So here is the Q&A:

1. Q: How much can be made per call?

A: 35 cents per call, possible to make $10.50 hrly (would equal 30 calls an hour)

2. Q: Do you hire outside of the US? A: I'm not sure. I'll have to get back to you on that. (sorry)

3. Q: What are the peak times? A: Lunch & dinner hours - 11 am to 2 pm then 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm

4. Q: How many hours am I required to work per week?

A: Minimum of 10 hrs needs to be worked each week. Can work more. Shifts are in 1 hour increments. Will Need to Sign up for Shifts. So, you can't log in at any time to work. You have to select the shifts you want to work for each day & the shifts are sent out a week in advance.

5. Q: Can you use any kind of phone to make the calls? (cell, land line, VOIP, digital?)

A: Yes, any phone is fine.

6. Q: Will training be done? A: No training, because it's fairly straightforward.

7. Q: How long has the company been around? A: Since 2012. It's a fairly new start-up.

So, there you have it. It seems as if being hired is contingent upon passing the background check. I had hoped it would be a log in whenever you wanted type of situation though. Because now pretty much you have to select a shift & stick to it. And it's possible it may be hard to get shifts you want, but I'll give it a try anyway. It sounds like fun. Hopefully, there will be enough calls per shift to make the $10.50 hourly. So, I'm not banking on this being an egg that I will be able to make unlimited income with. Hopefully, I'll be able to make $50, $75 or $100 weekly from it, if I get sent the log in info.

OK, so hope this helps others out considering this egg.

Happy Friday evening all.
Anyone still working this job?? TIA....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2016, 09:25 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomkat View Post
Yes, slack numbers dropped by at least 150 or so. Several people are getting termination letters now. Be on guard, everyone..

Thank you. This answered my question,lol
Old 08-28-2016, 11:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Default postmates

Wow. I've been with Postmates for 16 months. Some of this info is really outdated. They no longer offer shifts.But basically the best time to work is Saturday and Sunday. you can basically jump on whenever you want too The rate per call I think is NOT accurate. They have eliminated alot of people lately but I think it was because they were no longer signing on. This job worked very well as a secondary job only. If you pass the background check you will receive a training manual to read. I would say the $50-$80 a week would be accurate

Last edited by sheryl318; 08-28-2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: change
Old 08-28-2016, 02:39 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalexander View Post
Anyone still working this job?? TIA....
I stopped working this job well over a year ago. The post of mine you quoted was from way back then. So, I have no idea if any of that info is the same. But as you saw someone posted they have been letting people go. I left on my own a couple of months after starting it, because I hated the ratings system they had at the time. If you didn't stay within a certain percentage, they would let you go. I didn't like working under that type of pressure, especially since they constantly changed the rules. And any time you asked different people in charge what a rule was you would get different answers to the same questions.

I did like the fact that they paid weekly, but I left them to work for DoorDash who I still work for occasionally. Postmates had too many rules and started becoming a headache for me to work.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:49 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl318 View Post
Wow. I've been with Postmates for 16 months. Some of this info is really outdated. They no longer offer shifts.But basically the best time to work is Saturday and Sunday. you can basically jump on whenever you want too The rate per call I think is NOT accurate. They have eliminated alot of people lately but I think it was because they were no longer signing on. This job worked very well as a secondary job only. If you pass the background check you will receive a training manual to read. I would say the $50-$80 a week would be accurate
I'm sure a lot has changed @ Postmates over a year later. The post of mine that was quoted was from way back toward the beginning of this thread and was posted 03-20-2015, 08:18 PM. In fact I was surprised to see a post of mine quoted, as I knew I hadn't been on this thread in ages. So, I knew it had to of been a post from way back when. LOL

You and I were hired around the same time in March of 2015. I only lasted until about May though & then moved onto DoorDash.

I can't believe how quickly time has gone by.

Happy Sunday all!!!

Last edited by LadyMia; 08-28-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Did anyone else get an email from a lawyer in CA talking about the class action lawsuit that Postmates has against them?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Postmates Lawsuit

Yes, I received that same email as well I use to work for postmates. Did you as well? I am wondering if it is a scam.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Default lawsuit

This is real. It's been going on since 2015. And is now settled. You need to sign this if you want your share of the
settlement.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Yep, it's the real deal, no scam.
I remember when this lawsuit was first started last year, did not realize it was still going on until I got an email today letting me know I was eligible for reimbursement when it settles.
I was shocked, to say the least.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:51 PM
WAHM Addict

I came on here just for this reason to see if anyone else received this email. I was surprised to see an email regarding a class action suit as well for Postmates and it sure does look like the real thing. I most certainly am gonna file a claim. I've already received two settlement payments for suits I joined last year some time for other companies. Was shocked and pleased to receive the checks a couple of months back. They were pleasant little surprises I wasn't expecting & it was great pocket money. It wasn't a lot, but heck FREE $$$ is FREE MONEY. I'll take it. So, making sure I wasn't the only one who received this. We have until Oct 24, 2016 to file & I will be staking my claim.