Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Ooooh, so being that I haven't had a low score for a few weeks if I were to get dinged next month I would get a warning and then if it happened again the following week they would take me off the platform. Makes me antsy but I understand the system better now.

I wish I could find a non-phone job that pays every week at least $100+. Its so difficult with my 2 year old pulling on me and crying while I'm trying to place orders.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2015, 02:22 AM
WAHM Regular

I have a one on one call with them this afternoon. Apparently my score on the test was "borderline" so they want to go over some things with me. Not really worried about. Otherwise I'm all set up and just need to start scheduling my shifts so I can start making calls. Should be in and going tomorrow morning. YAY!!
Old 05-23-2015, 05:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Well I doubt I will be there much longer. I got low scores for the entire week.
I did the very best that I could, but they are expecting perfection in impossible situations.

90% of the calls made are to people who speak such poor English, that it's very difficult to even know if they got the order right even after reading it back to you.

That scoring system will be their downfall. They'll lose all their trained people and have to start all over with more people. At 0.35 a call, this job is NOT worth the amount of stress I go through over that stupid scoring system. My stomach is tied up in knots to the point I can't hardly eat anything anymore due to the stress of constantly being scared to make a mistake.

I have yet to even make $100.00, I'm sorry but $35.00 a week just is not worth this much stress.

I wanted this to work out, I really did, but it's just too stressful for such pitiful wages.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Super WAHM

I don't let the CSAT get to me. I just make a goal for myself in the # of calls I want to get in one hour.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:37 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Companies

I took the test, never got a score and now I am no longer interested. Thought this would be good until I got my recruiting business going good. I did not retire to be stressed.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:28 PM
WAHM Regular

I try to make a point of working only the peak hours which I believe are: Friday nite, Saturday nite. Sunday all day and sometimes Monday evenings. Also if you see that its getting busy you can pop on to help out without being scheduled. I managed to make $123 this wk.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:22 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Peak Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl318 View Post
I try to make a point of working only the peak hours which I believe are: Friday nite, Saturday nite. Sunday all day and sometimes Monday evenings. Also if you see that its getting busy you can pop on to help out without being scheduled. I managed to make $123 this wk.

I just signed my contract. What happens next? Also when you say peak hours is this based on the time zone for the area which you calling for or PST?
Old 05-24-2015, 02:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Wink Language Barriers

I have worked in call center customer service for over 10 years. I will be new to Postmates. I notice a lot of complaining on here about CSTAT scores and the clients not speaking good English. One thing I've learned over the years is that you can not allow yourself to be stressed out over processes and procedures and over dealing with difficult people. You have to have a lot of patience when talking to people who speak another language and may not understand English very well. On these types of calls it is going to require the use of good listening skills, talking slowly and a lot of repeating back to make sure that you understand what they are saying and that they understand what you are saying. Don't allow the language barriers to stress you out and try to remember to keep a happy and polite tone through out the call. A lot of times the reason for low scores when dealing with customers is that the customer can sense frustration, hostility, anger on the other end of the line. If you are feeling frustrated by the language barrier, calm down, take a deep break, and use some empathy. Apologize when what you have said, they were unable to understand, and try to find a different way time say it. Its Ok to ask them if they understood, or if they got that, even to repeat it back to you. Remember to use your manners, Thank You is understood universally. Just some of the things I wanted to share that in my experience helps improve customer satisfaction. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Indyra1; 05-24-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyra1 View Post
I have worked in call center customer service for over 10 years. I will be new to Postmates. I notice a lot of complaining on here about CSTAT scores and the clients not speaking good English. One thing I've learned over the years is that you can not allow yourself to be stressed out over processes and procedures and over dealing with difficult people. You have to have a lot of patience when talking to people who speak another language and may not understand English very well. On these types of calls it is going to require the use of good listening skills, talking slowly and a lot of repeating back to make sure that you understand what they are saying and that they understand what you are saying. Don't allow the language barriers to stress you out and try to remember to keep a happy and polite tone through out the call. A lot of times the reason for low scores when dealing with customers is that the customer can sense frustration, hostility, anger on the other end of the line. If you are feeling frustrated by the language barrier, calm down, take a deep break, and use some empathy. Apologize when what you have said, they were unable to understand, and try to find a different way time say it. Its Ok to ask them if they understood, or if they got that, even to repeat it back to you. Remember to use your manners, Thank You is understood universally. Just some of the things I wanted to share that in my experience helps improve customer satisfaction. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your info, CS expertise here myself, you said you will be new to Postmates, so you have YET to work with Postmates, correct? You'll understand the CSTAT system when you have worked a full week if not two but I'd like to hear about your experience then to see how you feel.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyra1 View Post
I just signed my contract. What happens next? Also when you say peak hours is this based on the time zone for the area which you calling for or PST?
The hours you work will be in PST, so when you're picking up a shift, the hours are always listed as PST. You should receive the W-9 Docusign email, Slack Invitation, Workbench email, and I believe a link to signing up for Schedules if I'm not mistaken. Oh another thing is everyone is required to take and pass a Manual Test, which is simple and all the answers are in the Training PDF file they send to you.

Last edited by LoveLuv; 05-24-2015 at 03:36 PM.