Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:57 PM
WAHM Addict

Thanks Indyra1! I really need something that's a bit more reliable than freelance writing, hope this is it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2015, 03:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMBrenda View Post
Thanks Indyra1! I really need something that's a bit more reliable than freelance writing, hope this is it.
I know of a pretty good writing company that is always looking for talented writers.
They pay pretty good, work is steady, and they pay on time.

If you're not sick of writing, you might try sending them an email and see if they are hiring. You can PM me for the company name if you want.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:09 PM
WAHM Addict

No, I'm not sick of writing. I just have to have a better income than most mills offer and can't find enough private clients since we had to move into a more expensive apartment a few months back. I'll message, you, thanks.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMBrenda View Post
No, I'm not sick of writing. I just have to have a better income than most mills offer and can't find enough private clients since we had to move into a more expensive apartment a few months back. I'll message, you, thanks.
Hopefully you got my PM, I'm terrible with forum stuff. I hope they can help you out, it really was a good place to work, writing just wasn't for me.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:58 PM
WAHM Addict

Yes, I got it and will follow through tomorrow. I take weekends to rest mainly and work on my own writing. I understand and will let you know - writing isn't for everyone.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:47 AM
WAHM Regular

I haven't had a hard time getting calls. I try and make sure I am there when I know people will most likely call in. My csat has always been around 4.88 BUT I got the test last week, took it and never heard back. They sent me a 2nd email saying I needed to take the test. I thought well maybe I failed? I couldn't see how I could have, the test was so easy. I retook it anyway.

Wake up this morning, get some coffee, check email and I have an email saying that I have not taken the test and was given more than one opportunity to take it. It said that I had 48 hours to respond (until 5/17/15 at midnight). I got the email this morning, it must have come overnight. The time stamp even confirms that. I emailed them and let them know I have actually taken the test twice, and I wasn't sure how I was supposed to respond in 48 hours in order to have them have it by the day before they even sent me the email. I mean I am pretty good on the uptake but I am not a psychic.

Overall it was pretty disappointing. I don't know if I will hear from them or not, if not I also spoke with a lawyer last week who is already handling the courier's case. I would encourage those who have the time to look into it. It is not just postmates that is the problem. She was telling me there are so many companies cropping up, wanting to pay employees as contractors, and it is not always legal.Some even use Paypal to pay and apparently that is not always legal either since Paypal takes a % of the money you earn when it is paid that way. Something does need to be done about those companies, and many of us have worked in them, invested time, only to be treated like dirt, making less than min wage etc. The only way it will change is by holding the diff companies to task.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:55 AM
WAHM Addict

Less than minimum wage, I thought people were getting more than that. You convinced me, I am worth more and will keep working to build my recruiting business.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:58 AM
WAHM Regular

I took the test the same day it was emailed it was to me. I did a screenshot of my answering the questions as well as the page saying my answers were recorded. I received the "Congratulations" email of passing on the 15th. Last night while checking my email, I saw an email stating "Suspension 5/17" and this is due to not taking the test, that I received multiple emails asking me to take the test () and that my account was suspended, however, if I did not respond by such and such time I would be permanently removed from the platform and receive payout within 48 hours. When I checked the email, it was midnight CST. I sent a reply email to the correct address as well as forwarded the Congratulations email.

Crazy isn't it. They need to get on one accord starting with structure in this company. I've yet to receive my invoice and even a scheduling link, smh
Old 05-18-2015, 07:10 AM
Super WAHM

If you work evenings, and Friday, Saturday, Sunday hours you can make minimum wage or over it.
Keep in mind when restaurants are busy....it's not rocket science!

DD may pay more, but they do not pay you for every order/call you do. PM does.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Hello-

I need help and if you can do it I would appreciate it. I need someone to send me the attachment for the training manual because I had deleted. At first I was not going to start this job but changed my mine and willing to at least give it a chance.

I received the same e-mail as the others regarding account being suspended due to failing to take a test. I never received prior notification of that. Anyway I asked PM to send it but I never receive a response usually this is why I am asking here on the forum.

Thanks
Zee