Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by working3 View Post
I had an interview as well. From what I understand, we will not be waiting for calls. We would get as order list and call the orders in and there are more than enough orders to call in during a shift.
Yes, that's what I was told also, that we would work from an orders list. It was unclear to me however how many orders we would be able to call in during a 1 hour shift. Can't wait to hear back from them. Probably I'll hear back Mon or Tues. I'm not sure if background checks are done on the weekends. Here's hoping we both get on with this company.

Last edited by LadyMia; 03-20-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default So no training?...

So if there is no training...when will we know when to start?After we get the log in to the workbench then? I went through my background check already.Just waiting to start working.
Oh..pay is weekly via DD
Old 03-21-2015, 09:35 AM
WAHM Regular

I applied via the Craigslist ad, got the email to schedule an interview, and waited. Never got the call for the interview. Kind of disappointed. I emailed to see if we could reschedule (cause Lord knows sometimes life happens!) but have had no response there either. Bummer
Old 03-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliexxoo1 View Post
I applied via the Craigslist ad, got the email to schedule an interview, and waited. Never got the call for the interview. Kind of disappointed. I emailed to see if we could reschedule (cause Lord knows sometimes life happens!) but have had no response there either. Bummer
Yeah when I first applied the interviewer didn't call, but I emailed her to reschedule and she apologized saying she was stuck in a long meeting and rescheduled for the next day which she then called right on time. So yeah, life happens. The interviewer is very pleasant and provides all the information you'll need to get started.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:05 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
So if there is no training...when will we know when to start?After we get the log in to the workbench then? I went through my background check already.Just waiting to start working.
Oh..pay is weekly via DD
OK, so pay is weekly and via Dir Dep, cool. I'm assuming we can start after we receive our log ins to the workbench. However, we still need to schedule shifts to work. I was told that shifts were in 1 hr increments. Ericka also said that schedules would be emailed to us a week in advance. So, not sure how anyone will be able to start next week, unless they send out schedules tonight or tomorrow.

Also, codergirl how long did it take for them to complete your background check? Mine is being done now, but I just wondered how long it took to hear back after the check is run? Any info you can give on this will be appreciated. Also, once you start, please post to let us know how it goes & how many calls you were able to do in an hour. How easy or hard it is to retrieve the orders and call them in. How the system works, etc.

Thanks!

Happy Saturday, everyonel

Old 03-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Super WAHM

And there is a lawsuit against them.....

Postmates, Homejoy and Try Caviar Sued Over Labor Practices
Old 03-21-2015, 03:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Background Check

Hi,
Does anyone know how in depth they are with the background check? Is it just a criminal check or do they contact your previous jobs?

TIA
Old 03-21-2015, 04:21 PM
WAHM Addict

Yes, I saw this. However, this involves their driver/courier position. I don't believe it has any bearing on the work at home positions. I do hope they can come to some good terms regarding their courier drivers. There are a lot of start-ups out there that don't consider themselves to be in the transportation business, just a third-party supplier who brings together businesses and contractors. It's really a tricky situation & probably lawmakers need to look into these businesses & figure out how best they should be classified. So, that everyone gets a fair deal, when contracting with these companies.

I know the government doesn't really even like companies that use contract workers, but would rather they hire folks as regular employees. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over time.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:26 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know how in depth they are with the background check? Is it just a criminal check or do they contact your previous jobs?

TIA
I'm not sure how deep they go with the background checks. When you are filling out the form they do have a TOS they want you to read & it states that they MAY do employment, education & credit checks. It doesn't mean that they will however. I happen to know the deeper the background check a company wants to do, the more it will cost them.

So, with that said, since Postmates doesn't charge us to do the background check, I'm thinking they may just be doing a criminal check just to see that people don't have criminal records, or are pedophiles or anything like that. I know that companies use background agencies that will charge them a flat fee per month to do unlimited background checks. And these are for just very basic background checks. I know a lot of temporary work agencies do this, because it is a lot cheaper than doing more intense individual checks. So, I'm assuming (don't know for sure) that Postmates just does a basic check & doesn't go too deep. If you're considering it, you should just give it a try.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
I'm not sure how deep they go with the background checks. When you are filling out the form they do have a TOS they want you to read & it states that they MAY do employment, education & credit checks. It doesn't mean that they will however. I happen to know the deeper the background check a company wants to do, the more it will cost them.

So, with that said, since Postmates doesn't charge us to do the background check, I'm thinking they may just be doing a criminal check just to see that people don't have criminal records, or are pedophiles or anything like that. I know that companies use background agencies that will charge them a flat fee per month to do unlimited background checks. And these are for just very basic background checks. I know a lot of temporary work agencies do this, because it is a lot cheaper than doing more intense individual checks. So, I'm assuming (don't know for sure) that Postmates just does a basic check & doesn't go too deep. If you're considering it, you should just give it a try.
Thank you, that makes sense.....