Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
Do any of you keep a phone call under 2 minutes? It's impossible for me no matter how short the order!!!

Very very rarely.... BUT I have noticed that when I claim an order, it's not uncommon for the timer to start at 0:35 for some reason....

I've pretty much given up on trying to make any money from this. I got 6 orders claimed last night. I'm sorry but I am NOT going to sit there camping my screen with my undivided attention just trying to get one order before one of the other 40+ people working grabs it.

Their system is very buggy I'm always getting errors, the CSTA score is a joke. Don't even get me started on that.

Over-all a very disappointing job.

Oh and now we have to take some quiz to stay on the platform.

Maybe just maybe if they had some actual training like some "how to" videos, we'd know what to do for various situations!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnalia View Post
Very very rarely.... BUT I have noticed that when I claim an order, it's not uncommon for the timer to start at 0:35 for some reason....

I've pretty much given up on trying to make any money from this. I got 6 orders claimed last night. I'm sorry but I am NOT going to sit there camping my screen with my undivided attention just trying to get one order before one of the other 40+ people working grabs it.

Their system is very buggy I'm always getting errors, the CSTA score is a joke. Don't even get me started on that.

Over-all a very disappointing job.

Oh and now we have to take some quiz to stay on the platform.

Maybe just maybe if they had some actual training like some "how to" videos, we'd know what to do for various situations!
Gives me another reason to be glad I'm not associated with them anymore. I stayed to make some pocket money, then left them for good. DoorDash, a similar company, is far from perfect, but at least there's no quiz or rating system.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheRush View Post
Just saw that and you have to make a 90 or you are out the door!
Guess they better prepare my going away party! :-D
Old 05-08-2015, 08:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrr88 View Post
Gives me another reason to be glad I'm not associated with them anymore. I stayed to make some pocket money, then left them for good. DoorDash, a similar company, is far from perfect, but at least there's no quiz or rating system.
Yeah, I've reached the end of the line with them too. I was planning to do the 10-hour minimum to hang around in case things get better, but I'm not too keen on giving my time away while using my computer, electricity, etc. and paying self-employment taxes for pennies per hour all while dealing with garbage from them. Stick a fork in me; I'm done.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic View Post
Yeah, I've reached the end of the line with them too. I was planning to do the 10-hour minimum to hang around in case things get better, but I'm not too keen on giving my time away while using my computer, electricity, etc. and paying self-employment taxes for pennies per hour all while dealing with garbage from them. Stick a fork in me; I'm done.
I think a lot of people have either already quit or got fired, because tonight there are only 26 people logged in.

I'll stick it out because I'm stubborn, but I don't expect to be on the platform next week since I already got dinged once, though.

That dumb rating system.. it's going to be their downfall.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:56 PM
WAHM Addict

Thumbs down Quiz??????????!! Are they Kidding or WHAT???!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Yep, I received the email for the quiz & just laughed. They said either get a 90 or be booted, or if you don't take it within a week's time they will just consider that you are no longer interested in working for them & suspend you from the platform. Yah, think? Go ahead, make my day, suspend me.

I been done stuck a fork in this turkey. It is and I am definitely done with Postmates. They are so hilarious. There are so many things they are doing wrong to sabotage their business.

Sorry, it didn't work out for us, but I'm sure something else will come along for us all. Hang in there everyone.

Last edited by LadyMia; 05-08-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:03 AM
Super WAHM

The quiz isn't bad at all. You can miss three. ALL the answers are in the manual.

I don't have a problem taking it. Makes sense. The ratings system however still needs to go.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
The quiz isn't bad at all. You can miss three. ALL the answers are in the manual.

I don't have a problem taking it. Makes sense. The ratings system however still needs to go.
Cool. I actually would not have minded taking the test either, if they said they were going to get rid of the ratings system. For me having that looming over my head just makes me not want to do any work for them. I may take the quiz to hang on & see if they will get rid of the ratings system. If they do, I'd go back to working for them in a heartbeat. But until they change that, NO WAY am I dong any work for them right now.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:39 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I never can figure out why a company like this is not listening to the people who are actually doing the job.

While you can't please everyone, so many of you seem to feel the system is too demanding and not compensating you for your time, there has to be some truth to it.

Instead of losing all of you and starting over again with a whole new group of people who will have the exact same problems, why don't they survey everyone, or have feedback sessions to find out how to fix the current system? Until they do that, they will have constant turnover and unpredictable service.

I didn't apply to this one because I felt that $10 per hour based on the number of calls they said you could complete in an hour seemed unrealistic. There also seems to be a pattern of new companies like this over-promising. I followed the thread and watched people go from being so excited to feeling totally disappointed.

It just seems like such a waste. I wish companies would trust the people who work for them to provide valuable input and then make improvements. Most employees or IC's just want to work for a fair wage with a fair system. Most of the time, the companies just don't want to hear the truth.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Super WAHM

I was able to do 29 orders in 1 hour today.