Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #371 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 06:34 AM
LoveLuv's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanewyear11 View Post
As I posted after getting the Csat warning for two weeks in a row I was fired and they still have yet to pay me. After reaching out to Hayley regarding my pay she said it would be in my account by monday on wensday I still had no money emailed her and found that they had blocked my email. That being said I found out that postmates is currently being sued by several couriers for the way they were treated and the fact that they are forced to abide by rules that emloyees would be subject to but are independent contractors in payment terms. I have reached out to the attorney that is representing this case against PM. I have forwarded my pay statements, my hours, the contract I signed and the emails I got regarding the money the money that they still owe me. I should have never applied it took a long time for the hiring process, the lady that set up my interview never called I had to reach out, it is very disorganized as several others have said. We are to be abide by a scheldule, CSAT score and have to sit in chat the whole time on the shift then by all rights we are employees and deserve to treated as such including the way we are paid. I am getting a case open to sue them even though I was there a short time it is really unfair to take advantage of others like they are the attorney I spoke with said they seem pretty sure of themselves having a open case and then starting another dept that pretty much runs on the same track like it does not matter what the law reads. It was a easy money job but the fact that you have the score system that is not fair and the fact that they are so many others competing for the calls you are lucky to make $5 an hour. Good luck to those that feel that they have it down and are making the money that they need on it. I work a second job where I am IC but I get $10 an hour and feel that is fair.
Wow, there is so much wrong they are doing. I am so sorry this is happening to you and I hope you get all that seek to the extent. I can't believe the way they are treating you, I can only imagine others who are being treated the same way.

Could I ask, how did you come to find out that your email was blocked?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #372 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 06:41 AM
LoveLuv's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 55
Default

Makes me wonder what their home office hourly employees are paid per hour as they pretty much do the same thing only with other additions. I have to seriously re-consider this little side gig.

I was sitting in chat last night and the 3 Team Leaders that were online were NOT responding to the Agents questions nor responses. I saw as much as 15 minutes between an answer/response, that is not acceptable and a "I'm Sorry" does not make up for time wasted. That really ticked me off. I had to call out a lead the other night on a contradiction, one lead says go right, the other lead says go left, which way is correct. Stupid in my opinion and really its becoming unworthy of the hassle.
Reply With Quote
  #373 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Exotic's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLuv View Post
Makes me wonder what their home office hourly employees are paid per hour as they pretty much do the same thing only with other additions. I have to seriously re-consider this little side gig.

I was sitting in chat last night and the 3 Team Leaders that were online were NOT responding to the Agents questions nor responses. I saw as much as 15 minutes between an answer/response, that is not acceptable and a "I'm Sorry" does not make up for time wasted. That really ticked me off. I had to call out a lead the other night on a contradiction, one lead says go right, the other lead says go left, which way is correct. Stupid in my opinion and really its becoming unworthy of the hassle.
I had to call a lead out last week too. When I said there's something different in the manual, the lead says to do it that way then. I've about had enough of them too with their unprofessionalism and the condescending communication (You better do this and that or else. We will not tolerate this and that.) as if we're out of control 5 year olds. And I agree that we are employees being called ICs.

Don't get me started on that silly csat. There are so many variables The restaurant can make a mistake even though we gave the order correctly but of course postmates is not going to blame them because they don't exist without them. Also, sometimes the courier doesn't pick up all the bags they're supposed to. The order taker in the restaurant can be new and mess up the order taking on their end too.

Last edited by Exotic; 05-08-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #374 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 07:11 AM
LadyMia's Avatar
WAHM Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
So it sounds like if any of us quit, we need to time it out right that we get our pay in our bank account and then resign.
Yes, that's about the gist of it. I've received my last pay already, so they don't owe me anything. But yeah, after you receive your last payment, just don't sign up for anymore hours, if you don't want to do it anymore. I'm sure eventually they will just disable our logins.
Reply With Quote
  #375 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 07:18 AM
homebasedwork's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLuv View Post
Makes me wonder what their home office hourly employees are paid per hour as they pretty much do the same thing only with other additions.
My guess is not very much since we are getting such poor support all the way around.
Reply With Quote
  #376 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 07:19 AM
LoveLuv's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic View Post
I had to call a lead out last week too. When I said there's something different in the manual, the lead says to do it that way then. I've about had enough of them too with their unprofessionalism and the condescending communication (You better do this and that or else. We will not tolerate this and that.) as if we're out of control 5 year olds. And I agree that we are employees being called ICs.

Don't get me started on that silly csat. There are so many variables The restaurant can make a mistake even though we gave the order correctly but of course postmates is not going to blame them because they don't exist without them. Also, sometimes the courier doesn't pick up all the bags they're supposed to. The order taker in the restaurant can be new and mess up the order taking on their end too.
And crazy enough, their contradiction can lead to someone's stats being affected. How crazy is that! Its like, if you want this little ole job, you do it how we say to do it or else. There is really no structure here if you just sit and think about it. The fault of anything would fall back on the contracted agent
Reply With Quote
  #377 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
FearTheRush's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
Default

A lot of places won't take postmates orders anymore. Because they make food and it's never picked up. This is one reason why I backed out before even taking calls. I saw the way things were being ran and it's not good.
Reply With Quote
  #378 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 12:12 PM
homebasedwork's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 470
Default

Do any of you keep a phone call under 2 minutes? It's impossible for me no matter how short the order!!!
Reply With Quote
  #379 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 12:42 PM
homebasedwork's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 470
Default

Just received an email they are requiring everyone to take a test on the manual. We have one week to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #380 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 PM
FearTheRush's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
Just received an email they are requiring everyone to take a test on the manual. We have one week to do it.
Just saw that and you have to make a 90 or you are out the door!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off