Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #361 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:36 PM
LoveLuv's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrandmom View Post
Not sure if it is worth it, I am not going to be stressed for $5 hr
As another poster stated, that's about how much I averaged as well. It is not very possible to keep most calls at or under 2:00 minutes which would help but then if there isn't anything to claim, you're not making anything. You'd really have to log in during their busy hours daily to make a good hourly wage as the claims per hour would likely be better than their dead hours. Give it a try just to see if you'll like it but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high with it all.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #362 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 09:57 PM
juliexxoo1's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
It was a legal coding company called Onsite. I LOVED that job. I was so sad when they let the home workers go back in 2009. They had projects that I was literally able to make $20 an hour from. Man, I miss that job. Those were the good old days.
I LOVED Onsite! I made decent money to sit at home and type. I could take little breaks to tend to my daughter or whatever I needed. Those were the days...was wondering what happened to them.


As for Postmates..as unprofessional as actually GOING through the hiring process was (scheduling interviews then them not calling, no response to emails for days and days,etc) I am on the fence. I work outside the home, just looking for something I can easily do from home to pad the bank account for those little emergencies or that night out with the DH, and I just don't think this is it. I have yet to be able to grab shifts after two weeks of being able to log in, and the emails I get from Slack every twenty minutes are clogging up my inbox LOL. It seems as though there is no place to go for questions because the leads in Slack are either rude or have different answers, and the facebook group is not much better. I figured I would be dismissed for not meeting my 10 hours a week sign up, I just log on when I can for now, but so far I haven't been. Im not going to stress about it though, and just smile at my meager $5 paycheck when it hits my account.

Last edited by juliexxoo1; 05-06-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #363 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2015, 04:14 AM
azeemah's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 42
Default

I had asked this question before about the link for Slack but I had accidentally deleted the link that was emailed to me. I also have sent Postmates several emails for assistance but not response. Is there a phone # for them because I am due to start next week? This is really frustrating and any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #364 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2015, 09:45 AM
FearTheRush's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 59
Default

One of the ladies that were handling things in the office for them left a few weeks ago. They did put someone in her place, so this might be the reason why some of you haven't heard anything back about the job. When changes in the front office happens things do get miss placed.
Reply With Quote
  #365 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2015, 10:14 AM
homebasedwork's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemah View Post
I had asked this question before about the link for Slack but I had accidentally deleted the link that was emailed to me. I also have sent Postmates several emails for assistance but not response. Is there a phone # for them because I am due to start next week? This is really frustrating and any help is appreciated.
They do not want any communication through the phone only email.

Google Slack, it takes you to the site to login, do you remember your password?

Last edited by homebasedwork; 05-07-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #366 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2015, 01:59 PM
azeemah's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
They do not want any communication through the phone only email.

Google Slack, it takes you to the site to login, do you remember your password?
You know I ended up using Google and found it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #367 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 12:46 AM
itsanewyear11's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: springfield,mo
Posts: 18
Default Update On Postmates

As I posted after getting the Csat warning for two weeks in a row I was fired and they still have yet to pay me. After reaching out to Hayley regarding my pay she said it would be in my account by monday on wensday I still had no money emailed her and found that they had blocked my email. That being said I found out that postmates is currently being sued by several couriers for the way they were treated and the fact that they are forced to abide by rules that emloyees would be subject to but are independent contractors in payment terms. I have reached out to the attorney that is representing this case against PM. I have forwarded my pay statements, my hours, the contract I signed and the emails I got regarding the money the money that they still owe me. I should have never applied it took a long time for the hiring process, the lady that set up my interview never called I had to reach out, it is very disorganized as several others have said. We are to be abide by a scheldule, CSAT score and have to sit in chat the whole time on the shift then by all rights we are employees and deserve to treated as such including the way we are paid. I am getting a case open to sue them even though I was there a short time it is really unfair to take advantage of others like they are the attorney I spoke with said they seem pretty sure of themselves having a open case and then starting another dept that pretty much runs on the same track like it does not matter what the law reads. It was a easy money job but the fact that you have the score system that is not fair and the fact that they are so many others competing for the calls you are lucky to make $5 an hour. Good luck to those that feel that they have it down and are making the money that they need on it. I work a second job where I am IC but I get $10 an hour and feel that is fair.
Reply With Quote
  #368 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 04:49 AM
LadyMia's Avatar
WAHM Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanewyear11 View Post
As I posted after getting the Csat warning for two weeks in a row I was fired and they still have yet to pay me. After reaching out to Hayley regarding my pay she said it would be in my account by monday on wensday I still had no money emailed her and found that they had blocked my email. That being said I found out that postmates is currently being sued by several couriers for the way they were treated and the fact that they are forced to abide by rules that emloyees would be subject to but are independent contractors in payment terms. I have reached out to the attorney that is representing this case against PM. I have forwarded my pay statements, my hours, the contract I signed and the emails I got regarding the money the money that they still owe me. I should have never applied it took a long time for the hiring process, the lady that set up my interview never called I had to reach out, it is very disorganized as several others have said. We are to be abide by a scheldule, CSAT score and have to sit in chat the whole time on the shift then by all rights we are employees and deserve to treated as such including the way we are paid. I am getting a case open to sue them even though I was there a short time it is really unfair to take advantage of others like they are the attorney I spoke with said they seem pretty sure of themselves having a open case and then starting another dept that pretty much runs on the same track like it does not matter what the law reads. It was a easy money job but the fact that you have the score system that is not fair and the fact that they are so many others competing for the calls you are lucky to make $5 an hour. Good luck to those that feel that they have it down and are making the money that they need on it. I work a second job where I am IC but I get $10 an hour and feel that is fair.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope you are able to get the money they owe you. Yes, it seems their business practices are very unethical.

I decided not to work for them anymore, because my experience with them was not great. As stated by others, it's impossible to make the $10 an hour that they state you can make. It's almost impossible to keep calls within the 2 min range that they want you to. Too many variables involved in being able to do that. The CSAT scoring system is crazy. Don't need all of that in my life. For me it equates to more stress than I want to deal with in a home job, especially one that pays so little. No thanks!!!! Not worth my time.

I just decided to quit while I could leave with my head held high. I'd rather leave under my own steam than to get let go by them. I canceled any hours I had scheduled. I'm still getting emails from them, but I just ignore them. I don't need the headaches that comes with that job. They expect far too much for the pittance pay most people are getting.

Happy Friday all!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #369 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 05:57 AM
homebasedwork's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 470
Default

So it sounds like if any of us quit, we need to time it out right that we get our pay in our bank account and then resign.
Reply With Quote
  #370 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 06:29 AM
LoveLuv's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
So it sounds like if any of us quit, we need to time it out right that we get our pay in our bank account and then resign.
I had yet to read your post and what you wrote is the FIRST thing that came to my mind. Sad that anyone would have to do that because of their practices. Making money for means of living shouldn't be so hard and with stress.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off