Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:27 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Hours

For those of you that are working, are you able to make at least $10 an hour? I had the interview and should start next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Cool Codergirl. How long did the process take to get on with them? Do you have to pay for the background check? Did they say how much you would make per call. Let us know how it goes.

Hope to be able to get on with them also.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 10:44 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Oh Boy

Why is it so stressfull when workers are ICs? I saw that there is already a CA due to workers being classified as ICs and not employees.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:22 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrandmom View Post
Why is it so stressfull when workers are ICs? I saw that there is already a CA due to workers being classified as ICs and not employees.

The IRS actually does not like the term IC for people working from home. I actually worked for a company years ago that said they had to hire at home workers as employees, because the IRS did not like them hiring people as ICs. I don't know if in some states this is not permissable or what. But employers seem to be able to get away with a lot more stuff, when they hire people as ICs rather than as employees. It seems ICs have less rights & tend to make less of a fuss, when an employer treats them poorly. But apparently enough ICs are making noise and getting the attention of the lawmakers, so things may start to change.

Also, the IRS doesn't like IC status, because it's harder to track people's earnings this way as well. Trust me the IC status may become a thing of the past if Uncle Sam has anything to do with it. If he feels he's not getting his fair share of the $$$ people make, no one will be hired as ICs, but as employees only. I feel this change is about to take place. This may be better for those of us working @ home or may be worse if employers feel it's too much of a hassle having to keep up with home workers. Perhaps home workers will be able to get better wages & better treatment.

As it is most companies that hire IC treat them as cattle and feel because you are not an employee and you have flexibility in your schedule, that they can pay you whatever and treat you whatever way they want. They look at it as there are many more people waiting in line to take your place, if you are not happy with them.

Such is life.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
For those of you that are working, are you able to make at least $10 an hour? I had the interview and should start next week.
Nope, not me.. not even close. The most I have made is about $5.00 an hour tops.
There are so many people grabbing orders in the non-busy time slots, that they are all claimed by time I drag my mouse over to claim one.

Even leaving my mouse on the button, I'm not fast enough half the time.

You pretty much have to camp your screen and give it your undivided attention to get a claim.. or well.. that has been my experience so far, but others may have had more success.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:44 AM
WAHM Addict

Not sure if it is worth it, I am not going to be stressed for $5 hr
Old 05-06-2015, 11:46 AM
WAHM Addict

We may have worked for the same company

Quote:
The IRS actually does not like the term IC for people working from home. I actually worked for a company years ago that said they had to hire at home workers as employees, because the IRS did not like them hiring people as ICs. I don't know if in some states this is not permissable or what. But employers seem to be able to get away with a lot more stuff, when they hire people as ICs rather than as employees. It seems ICs have less rights & tend to make less of a fuss, when an employer treats them poorly. But apparently enough ICs are making noise and getting the attention of the lawmakers, so things may start to change.

Also, the IRS doesn't like IC status, because it's harder to track people's earnings this way as well. Trust me the IC status may become a thing of the past if Uncle Sam has anything to do with it. If he feels he's not getting his fair share of the $$$ people make, no one will be hired as ICs, but as employees only. I feel this change is about to take place. This may be better for those of us working @ home or may be worse if employers feel it's too much of a hassle having to keep up with home workers. Perhaps home workers will be able to get better wages & better treatment.

As it is most companies that hire IC treat them as cattle and feel because you are not an employee and you have flexibility in your schedule, that they can pay you whatever and treat you whatever way they want. They look at it as there are many more people waiting in line to take your place, if you are not happy with them.

Such is life.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Super WAHM

I have yet to work a busy time so I have yet to make a decent wage. 11 calls in 1 hour today....
Old 05-06-2015, 11:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Not sure if it is worth it, I am not going to be stressed for $5 hr

To be honest with you, if you're looking to make any real money, this isn't the right job for that, this is a spending money only type job IMO.

And with that score looming over your head everyday.. the pay isn't really worth the amount of stress.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:56 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
We may have worked for the same company
It was a legal coding company called Onsite. I LOVED that job. I was so sad when they let the home workers go back in 2009. They had projects that I was literally able to make $20 an hour from. Man, I miss that job. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
I hope that you did all right. Me myself, I've decided Postmates isn't worth my time. I'm doing great with Door Dash, which has wayyyyyy less pressure. They have people on chat who are great with helping you & the community there is great. They don't even mind if you have friendly conversations in between taking calls, as long as you keep it to a minimum. I'm just enjoying and having way more fun doing Door Dash. I don't want to be stressed out wondering if this is going to be my last week with Postmates, so I'm going to leave under my own steam before they just disable me because of another bad rating.

I wish everyone success who chooses to continue with them & sincerely hope they get their act together, so that everyone can have an enjoyable experience with them. And not have to work in fear of being booted, because they weren't able to keep up with the rating score. There are too many variables involved that could cause a customer to be unhappy with their order, when it's more than just the order placer involved.

After all this is a contractor job & should be made more convenient for the worker. It doesn't pay great, no incentives, they require you to meet a rating system, plus a 10 hr requirement. You're not an employee, so for me these rules should not even exist.

Happy Wed all.
I understand in what you're saying here and I don't blame you for not stressing out over this type of job in itself. I hope that DD opens up someday as I'd like to give them a try as well.