Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #341 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Well, I had wanted to stay on with Postmates, but the rating system is a little stressful. I too was dinged twice with scores under the 4.8 & as someone else stated it may have been my fault, but it could have been the fault of the person taking the order. I spend lots of time speaking clearly and making sure I've given the order correctly, when I encounter persons with accents. I normally don't have issues understanding them, as I am accustomed to a lot of different accents. But every once in a while I get someone with a very, very heavy accent & they don't understand what I am saying either.

So, at any rate, I wanted to try and hang on here. But I wasn't even able to schedule any hours this week because the link I was sent didn't work. I've emailed a couple of people & still haven't been able to get a working link. I'm sure all shifts that I could work are probably taken by now. So, I'm not sure what will happen. I mean it isn't my fault if I've not been given a working link to get my 10 hours. So, at this point I'm not going to stress. I can access the link to next week, but not this week.

So, not sure what will happen now since I won't be able to do my 10 hour commitment this week. Hopefully, they will work out all the kinks so that people can stay on with them.
What link are you trying to use? The one in the email or the one sent in the training PDF's? I can access the schedule through both.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #342 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2015, 12:14 PM
ahnalia's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Well, I had wanted to stay on with Postmates, but the rating system is a little stressful. I too was dinged twice with scores under the 4.8 & as someone else stated it may have been my fault, but it could have been the fault of the person taking the order. I spend lots of time speaking clearly and making sure I've given the order correctly, when I encounter persons with accents. I normally don't have issues understanding them, as I am accustomed to a lot of different accents. But every once in a while I get someone with a very, very heavy accent & they don't understand what I am saying either.

So, at any rate, I wanted to try and hang on here. But I wasn't even able to schedule any hours this week because the link I was sent didn't work. I've emailed a couple of people & still haven't been able to get a working link. I'm sure all shifts that I could work are probably taken by now. So, I'm not sure what will happen. I mean it isn't my fault if I've not been given a working link to get my 10 hours. So, at this point I'm not going to stress. I can access the link to next week, but not this week.

So, not sure what will happen now since I won't be able to do my 10 hour commitment this week. Hopefully, they will work out all the kinks so that people can stay on with them.
If they kick you off the platform if you get dinged twice.. I might also be on the chopping block this week. This is really to stressful.

It's such a great chance at a job, but that rating system is just the absolute worst idea.

Also, if you PM me, I will send you a link I have that will show you the schedules for the next 2 weeks.

Good luck to you staying on board if you decide to. I'm on the fence about it at this point.
On one hand I REALLY need some money, but on the other hand, I do want to be treated fairly.
Reply With Quote
  #343 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default

They seriously need to set up training sessions in small groups via conference call, just giving you a manual to look at doesn't do much good especially since there are a lot of scenarios not covered in the manual.
Reply With Quote
  #344 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2015, 02:45 PM
WAHM Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,262
Default

Thanks everyone for all of your help & for offering to send me links. I did finally get a link from Postmates that worked & scheduled hours for this week. I had to pick some stinky hours that I normally would not have, but I did it so I could meet my 10 hour requirement.

I've just decided I'm not going to worry. If my rating isn't up to par this week, then I will be out. I haven't been doing anything differently than what I did my 1st 3 weeks with them, so not sure why all of a sudden my scores are below. In one email they sent out, they did say that a lot of times people get dinged because of a communication problem between the order placer & the order taker. I took that to mean order takers who don't speak good English being hard to understand & possibly not able to understand what we the worker are saying to them.

Again, I'm not going to stress. I agree that every scenario is not covered in the manual & it's hard getting answers in the chat room. When people are very vague with orders & you're not familiar with a restaurant's menu, it is hard to know what people want & what to do in these instances. I know I escalated for such an instance & was told not to escalate just because I didn't understand the food the customer wanted. I'm thinking WHAT????!!! How am I supposed to know what to order? I'd rather escalate & let someone at Postmates get the correct order, rather than order the incorrect item. So, to me it seems you're darned if you do & darned if you don't.

OK, well I'll work my 10 hrs this week & let you know if I survive the ratings system. Sorry to anyone else having issues & happy for those who are doing OK. Just hope you remain doing OK. I did for 3 weeks with no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #345 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default

I picked up a swapped shift for tomorrow on the schedule. They still haven't accepted me on the facebook group so I have no idea if I did it right, but I'm showing up tomorrow! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #346 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 07:44 AM
WAHM Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
I picked up a swapped shift for tomorrow on the schedule. They still haven't accepted me on the facebook group so I have no idea if I did it right, but I'm showing up tomorrow! LOL!
I hope that you did all right. Me myself, I've decided Postmates isn't worth my time. I'm doing great with Door Dash, which has wayyyyyy less pressure. They have people on chat who are great with helping you & the community there is great. They don't even mind if you have friendly conversations in between taking calls, as long as you keep it to a minimum. I'm just enjoying and having way more fun doing Door Dash. I don't want to be stressed out wondering if this is going to be my last week with Postmates, so I'm going to leave under my own steam before they just disable me because of another bad rating.

I wish everyone success who chooses to continue with them & sincerely hope they get their act together, so that everyone can have an enjoyable experience with them. And not have to work in fear of being booted, because they weren't able to keep up with the rating score. There are too many variables involved that could cause a customer to be unhappy with their order, when it's more than just the order placer involved.

After all this is a contractor job & should be made more convenient for the worker. It doesn't pay great, no incentives, they require you to meet a rating system, plus a 10 hr requirement. You're not an employee, so for me these rules should not even exist.

Happy Wed all.
Reply With Quote
  #347 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 08:08 AM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
I hope that you did all right. Me myself, I've decided Postmates isn't worth my time. I'm doing great with Door Dash, which has wayyyyyy less pressure. They have people on chat who are great with helping you & the community there is great. They don't even mind if you have friendly conversations in between taking calls, as long as you keep it to a minimum. I'm just enjoying and having way more fun doing Door Dash. I don't want to be stressed out wondering if this is going to be my last week with Postmates, so I'm going to leave under my own steam before they just disable me because of another bad rating.

I wish everyone success who chooses to continue with them & sincerely hope they get their act together, so that everyone can have an enjoyable experience with them. And not have to work in fear of being booted, because they weren't able to keep up with the rating score. There are too many variables involved that could cause a customer to be unhappy with their order, when it's more than just the order placer involved.

After all this is a contractor job & should be made more convenient for the worker. It doesn't pay great, no incentives, they require you to meet a rating system, plus a 10 hr requirement. You're not an employee, so for me these rules should not even exist.

Happy Wed all.
It went better, the orders were easier. Didn't make very much as it wasn't very busy. Still can't keep the calls under two minutes.

I have no problem with the 10 hour requirement.

DD isn't hiring right now so I have to wait.
Reply With Quote
  #348 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 42
Smile

Do anybody have the link for Slack because I deleted the email which was sent to me with it? Thank in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #349 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemah View Post
Do anybody have the link for Slack because I deleted the email which was sent to me with it? Thank in advance.
Can't forward the link as it is specially assigned to each person by the looks.
Reply With Quote
  #350 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 10:00 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location:
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
Can't forward the link as it is specially assigned to each person by the looks.
Thanks anyway. I had deleted the email by accident.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off