Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnalia View Post
I totally understand that they want good customer service.. but that scoring system has got to go.. or they need to lower it.

It is not my fault if I am placed on hold or if the order taker can't understand plain English.

Plus fighting over orders.. 525 people were on slack tonight, 15 orders were in queue and the massive dinner rush lasted all of 10 minutes.

This is not going well at all

They were NOT ready to launch, their system is buggy.. I am constantly "error communicating with server".. it's hard to claim orders with 500+ people online.
Scheduling hours you can work is very hard to do, and that awful awful scoring system is just plain ridiculous.
If anything, they need to be re-brand the scoring system and be realistic in it, because it doesn't make since when anything that goes wrong with the order, or even an unhappy customer who did not receive their order or time, could simply judge us for any of that.

When seeing the 500+ in Slack, I thought it meant the amount of people who were in the group, I had no idea it meant that's how many were logged on/active. That is very interesting because it's ALOT of people, wow!

I thought about email Hayley to ask some questions but I'll sit back another week and check things out before I do. One thing I want to really question are the leads and their contradiction when answer reps in chat.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2015, 06:03 AM
WAHM Addict

Well, I had wanted to stay on with Postmates, but the rating system is a little stressful. I too was dinged twice with scores under the 4.8 & as someone else stated it may have been my fault, but it could have been the fault of the person taking the order. I spend lots of time speaking clearly and making sure I've given the order correctly, when I encounter persons with accents. I normally don't have issues understanding them, as I am accustomed to a lot of different accents. But every once in a while I get someone with a very, very heavy accent & they don't understand what I am saying either.

So, at any rate, I wanted to try and hang on here. But I wasn't even able to schedule any hours this week because the link I was sent didn't work. I've emailed a couple of people & still haven't been able to get a working link. I'm sure all shifts that I could work are probably taken by now. So, I'm not sure what will happen. I mean it isn't my fault if I've not been given a working link to get my 10 hours. So, at this point I'm not going to stress. I can access the link to next week, but not this week.

So, not sure what will happen now since I won't be able to do my 10 hour commitment this week. Hopefully, they will work out all the kinks so that people can stay on with them.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

I have been with them almost 3 weeks now. I personally haven't had any problems. I am averaging around $9-10 an hour, and that is great in my eyes since I am working from home and not having any cost for commuting etc. What has worked for me was reading thoroughly the training manual they sent, choosing peak hours, and figuring out what day the schedules are put out. I usually can access them before I even get an email saying they are there, and then I just choose hours that should be busy.
Two Tips. .
1. I used to work for a restaurant for 5 yrs. Universally speaking Tues/Wed are always slow days. That being said I steer clear of those days to schedule myself on postmates, since most of the calls are dealing with restaurants. The other some what slow day is Monday, but you do sometimes get busy because on Mondays people going back to work that may have meetings will order out, rather then go get something for themselves.

2. Also with the times being Pacific, you can set up a 2nd clock on windows to show you Pacific times. I always have had this because I am from California, and still have family I speak to regularly. We Facetime so when we set that up we go off PST not EST since I am the only person living in an EST zone. Once it is set up you will h ave 2 clocks on the bottom showing.

As for those dealing with thick accents. I dont mess around. If the person cant understand me, or me them after I have repeated the order 2 times, I escalate it. I have had people flat out tell me they dont speak english well. I escalate it stating the person at the restaurant did not speak English fluently and was unable to understand me. I haven't had a problem. Some times the leads will simply tell me next time to just COT. But it is a way to CYA.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Hello!
I just started with postmates on Friday and so far I do enjoy it. Working during busy hours has been most helpful. I have been averaging about 25 calls a shift. My google voice/hangouts always gives me a hard time and I always have to manually dial which sucks because it cuts into times. Sometimes hangouts won't even make calls and I have to use my cell phone. I was wondering how I see my score? Is there a page that tells us all our information for the shifts? I haven't gotten any email or scores through email but I have read that some of you have been able to see them after a day or two. Please let me know! Thank you
Old 05-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Super WAHM

I'm using my landline, not messing with calling through the computer. I think you get the scores when they send out a payment email.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:21 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemgem526 View Post
I have been with them almost 3 weeks now. I personally haven't had any problems. I am averaging around $9-10 an hour, and that is great in my eyes since I am working from home and not having any cost for commuting etc. What has worked for me was reading thoroughly the training manual they sent, choosing peak hours, and figuring out what day the schedules are put out. I usually can access them before I even get an email saying they are there, and then I just choose hours that should be busy.
Two Tips. .
1. I used to work for a restaurant for 5 yrs. Universally speaking Tues/Wed are always slow days. That being said I steer clear of those days to schedule myself on postmates, since most of the calls are dealing with restaurants. The other some what slow day is Monday, but you do sometimes get busy because on Mondays people going back to work that may have meetings will order out, rather then go get something for themselves.

2. Also with the times being Pacific, you can set up a 2nd clock on windows to show you Pacific times. I always have had this because I am from California, and still have family I speak to regularly. We Facetime so when we set that up we go off PST not EST since I am the only person living in an EST zone. Once it is set up you will h ave 2 clocks on the bottom showing.

As for those dealing with thick accents. I dont mess around. If the person cant understand me, or me them after I have repeated the order 2 times, I escalate it. I have had people flat out tell me they dont speak english well. I escalate it stating the person at the restaurant did not speak English fluently and was unable to understand me. I haven't had a problem. Some times the leads will simply tell me next time to just COT. But it is a way to CYA.
Thanks so much for all of your comments & tips. The accent thing is what I needed to know how to deal with. I usually don't have issues placing the orders. I do this for another company as well. So, I will try escalating explaining the situation. I know at one time they were complaining about people escalating the wrong things, so I was not wanting to do that too much either. We'll see how this week goes.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Super WAHM

First shift was rough and that is an understatement! Way over 2 minutes on every call...messed things up etc. Doubt I'm going to last long.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Super WAHM

I'm enjoying my days at postmates. Still working out the busy times, but it's a super simple job. I see a lot of overthinking on calls.

For those that use the google voice, I find that there is a problem within the chrome browser and the extentions that keeps it from working properly. It works one minute and not the next. Instead of trying to get the call through the pc, download the app onto your cell phone. It connects much faster, plus its free, no cell charges. You will need the Hangouts app and the hangouts dialer, just in case you need to manually dial. It calls via your internet or wifi connection. Hope this helps someone else. I've been banging my head upside a wall trying to get it to work via pc. You use it the same way, but it rings your phone instead of your pc.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:20 AM
WAHM Regular

Default No Payment

They have not paid me for my last week I have contacted the attorney that is represening the others folks that are suing postmates for unfair employment practices good luck to the ones that are making it but be aware if you have a bad week twice you will be banned from the platform and you will not get paid they owe me $85. I tried assigning the orders COT that were hard to understand or the ones that I could not get through to on the phone and still fell one point under the score. It is not a job that is worth sitting there for ten hours a week making way less than minimum wage when I make $600 a week off my main job so I hope this works out for others just putitng a warning out to air on the side of caution.......
Old 05-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Super WAHM

Seriously, how do we know what they want on their sandwich if they don't specify??? Where do we send it? So many questions....so little answers!

I had one order that said so and so will have the order...HUH??