Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Anybody wanting to work some hours in the dinner shift? Really busy so lots of money to be made, but I have a deadline I need to meet for my other job. I have shifts up from 5-8pm today and tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Registered WAHM

i really think they hired too many people, i was having no trouble making 10.5 an hour to start and now im lucky if i make 7 an hour
Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara8776 View Post
i really think they hired too many people, i was having no trouble making 10.5 an hour to start and now im lucky if i make 7 an hour
Hi kara8776,

Yes. They have contracted with a few hundred additional people since I began in late March. Initially, during my scheduled shifts, there would be less than 150 signed into Slack to handle orders. Since that time, just last week there were almost 400 people signed in during my shifts. That number was not including the leads who were also signed in. Orders are now few and far between. I have been scheduling 2-3 back to back shifts during afternoon and evening peak times (usually 6 hours on my scheduled days). However, at this stage, when unclaimed orders do appear, claiming simply one has now become a battle. I was excited in the beginning and appreciate the opportunity, but I have made the decision to move on to other opportunities. I hope it works out for everyone.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Postmates

things are quiet at the moment, but I just saw a news story that Chipolte Mexican has contracted with Postmates for delivery services. So maybe they were anticipating this new client sheryl
Old 04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpirit1 View Post
Hi kara8776,

Yes. They have contracted with a few hundred additional people since I began in late March. Initially, during my scheduled shifts, there would be less than 150 signed into Slack to handle orders. Since that time, just last week there were almost 400 people signed in during my shifts. That number was not including the leads who were also signed in. Orders are now few and far between. I have been scheduling 2-3 back to back shifts during afternoon and evening peak times (usually 6 hours on my scheduled days). However, at this stage, when unclaimed orders do appear, claiming simply one has now become a battle. I was excited in the beginning and appreciate the opportunity, but I have made the decision to move on to other opportunities. I hope it works out for everyone.
I sat at my screen the other night and couldn't even claim an order for over an hour
They over-hired by way too much

I'll keep at it and try to make a few bucks, and the leads are super nice, but it's not going to pay near as much as I had hoped with so many people grabbing orders right, left and sideways.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpirit1 View Post
Hi kara8776,

I think it's normal for new companies to overhire when starting out. If not, they would be less with too few workers when people start dropping out for whatever reason. I'm sure as they stop accepting applications, things will improve. I don't have too hard of a time making around $9 an hour. Also, I'm not sure if the number of people signed into Slack is really indicative of how many people are actually making calls. I know I'm always signed in. I have the app on my phone and I get notifications often, but I usually only work 2-3 hours in the evening.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Super WAHM

Passed BGC, now waiting on next step!
Old 04-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Super WAHM

They do get rid of people with low stats, so beware.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Default a little disappointed

Hello, I was hoping to make more on my first day but I worked 4hrs and only made a little over $15...smh was hoping for more but will stick with it and hopefully things will get better really dont have a choice at the moment.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmom View Post
Hello, I was hoping to make more on my first day but I worked 4hrs and only made a little over $15...smh was hoping for more but will stick with it and hopefully things will get better really dont have a choice at the moment.
What hours did you work? I'm usually able to get about 20 calls an hour and that's with taking small breaks when my baby is being loud, to eat, etc. Do you feel like you take too long to place orders or that there aren't enough orders to claim? FYI, it's very busy right now if you want to hop on.

Last edited by ShannonGoodson; 04-26-2015 at 05:26 PM.