Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:46 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl318 View Post
I have had nights where I get 5.0 and 4.9 and other nights I get 4.6. So lately if I get an order that is unclear I escalate it so we can get it clear from the customer what they really want
Hi sheryl318, I'm enjoying Postmates. I'm actually able to make more hourly with them than with Door Dash. If you can place 26 orders in an hour that is $9 an hour, which really isn't bad. My 2nd 1 hr shift with them I was able to make $7.35. I made more tonight close to 8.25. How do you see the ratings. I haven't seen any ratings yet, but maybe that's because it's my 1st week.

Also, one thing I don't like is if you make a mistake in your scheduling & it's less than 24 hours that you need to cancel it, we are expected to try and swap hours & find a replacement to work our hours. This was not explained before hand & it's something I think they should tell you in the beginning. With Door Dash it's easy to go in and just cancel even less than 24 hours, although I know they don't like you to. But I accidentally sched for 2 shifts b2b for tomorrow & realized I couldn't work them because of a prior commitment.

So, I was told to go to the Facebook page and post my hours to do a swap. I first went in and requested a swap, but I wish you could just cancel the hours. It's too much of a hassle having to find a replacement worker. I mean we are not considered employees, so I don't feel we should have to find replacements for shifts we're not able to work. I'm really not going to stress about it. I emailed Hayley & hopefully I won't be dinged for this. I mean I think I've been doing a good job so far, but just a caution to anyone working for them or planning to do so, be careful when you do your scheduling. If you need to cancel a shift, I believe you can go back into the schedule and just hit the leave button & cancel it, if it's more than 24 hours. If not, then you have to worry about swapping and finding a replacement worker. So, I have to be more careful in the future with this.

Night all.

Last edited by LadyMia; 04-14-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Postmates.

I have gone up on the schedule many times and changed it. Just hit the square that says leave and you basically can remove your self from that shift without having to swap. I think its up until 24 hrs before the shift. When you get your first paycheck it will show up the the amount of calls you took daily, your rating and your dollar pay for each day. Your CSAT is an average of the entire week. sheryl
Old 04-15-2015, 11:18 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl318 View Post
I have gone up on the schedule many times and changed it. Just hit the square that says leave and you basically can remove your self from that shift without having to swap. I think its up until 24 hrs before the shift. When you get your first paycheck it will show up the the amount of calls you took daily, your rating and your dollar pay for each day. Your CSAT is an average of the entire week. sheryl
OK, thanks for the info. I did discover that if it's less than 48 hrs actually that you have to do a swap, otherwise you can just hit the leave button. I noticed last night my sched for tomorrow Fri had swap & not leave. So, it looks like it has to be 48 hrs or more in order to cancel myself.

I did email Hayley. I will probably be able to work the shifts & just juggle some things around.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:29 PM
Registered WAHM

When you guys are making calls are you saying that your calling from PM's on every call? A lot of times it sounds like the merchant has no clue who postmates is.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:45 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky33 View Post
When you guys are making calls are you saying that your calling from PM's on every call? A lot of times it sounds like the merchant has no clue who postmates is.
Most of the time I do, occasionally I forget. I know I've had that experience as well, but it could be a waiter or worker there who is not familiar with Postmates. The merchant (owner) has to know who Postmates is as they have to give permission to Postmates I would think to use their restaurant on their app.

How do you like it so far? I love it.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Just got done with my first three hour shift. I will say that you better be fast at grabbing orders because a lot of the times I just sat there trying to grab one.

Most of the merchants were very nice and knew who postmates was, only a few didn't know, and 1 told me they don't allow deliveries from anyone but someone they have a contract with.

The majority of this is handling food orders. It helps to be really familiar with Asian and Spanish or Mediterranean cuisine, as I would say 90% of the orders I placed was for those items.

It also helps if you can speak (or at least understand) heavy asian and/or spanish
accents.

My phone wouldn't interface with their call system so I had to call manually, which takes extra time.

Most orders are pretty straight forward, but sometimes you will get orders with strange or hard to understand instructions.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Registered WAHM

I really like it so far, super easy work. I would loved to get on with DoorDash too as a backup though. I manual dial, I find it a little faster than the auto dialer sometimes.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Super WAHM

Keep applying, I heard back in less than a day!
Old 04-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Super WAHM

HIRED! Pending BG check, but that won't be a problem.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Super WAHM

UPDATE: I figured it out.

I got my manual last night. Yay! What login credentials do I use to submit my banking information and look at the schedule? Do I need a specific password?

Thanks

Last edited by Merry1397; 04-17-2015 at 03:09 PM.