Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:36 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmommy View Post
It seems people on another forum are averaging $5 an hour.
That sounds about right. There are so many factors that come into play, when earning from this job. You have to do 30 calls in an hour in order to reach the $10.50 they claim you can make. Only thing is each & every call would have to take 2 mins or under to complete in order to make that amount. When you call some places, they ask you to hold, or no one may pick up right away, so you have to dial back. The phone could be busy and you have to try back. When these things happen, it makes it hard to do 30 calls in an hour.

DD pays more, so you only need to complete 20 calls an hour with them. Only trouble is same things apply, but they also want you to check pricing if it is off from their calculation. The most I've made with them in an hour is around $7 and I only was able to place about 12 orders. Oh, & the other thing about Door Dash is they expect you to place the online orders as well and this takes even longer to do.

So, they need to either pay a base rate of $2 or $3 for the hour you are signed on, plus your per call rate and maybe then people can make at least $10 per hr. But one thing that is good about DD is that they do offer bonuses if you work their peak shifts which is normally at night.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2015, 09:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmom View Post
Can anyone send me a message with information on how I can get on with door dash?
From what I've been reading on different WAH boards, it looks like Door Dash isn't currently hiring, which is why you won't find job postings on WAH boards and the DD website. That doesn't mean there won't be positions opening the future. But my understanding is that there are currently no positions open .

Djuna
Old 04-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Super WAHM

People are seeing problems with their invoices so make sure whoever is working that you watch for issues.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Postmates.com

Just finished my first full week. And I got my payroll report. I handled 252 calls in 7 days, Earned $94.00 and worked 11 hrs so averaging about $8.50 hr. Not bad. sheryl
Old 04-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Still waiting

Signed by w9 but still waiting for more info.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 PM
WAHM Regular

One good thing about postmates. They give you a week to test the waters before needing the 10 hours they ask for. Which is good if you ask me!
Old 04-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Super WAHM

I'm waiting to see how strict they are with the ratings requirement.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedwork View Post
I'm waiting to see how strict they are with the ratings requirement.
They base everything on how you speak and treat the order taker when you call in the order it seems.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:36 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheRush View Post
They base everything on how you speak and treat the order taker when you call in the order it seems.
Well, I did my 1st day today & it wasn't bad. Scheduled myself for more hours this week coming up. Hoping to be able to make more per hour. It's a good little egg to have.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The hours that are available, are those in the PST?