Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Postmates.com

I'm back from my first shift with the company.I worked from 4 to 6. The first hour was super busy. and based on just reading a pdf file only I think I did ok. The second hour 5 to 6 was a bit slower. but still enough calls to keep me going. There is a button and you click it and your phone rings the restaurant. If not you can just manually dial it. Most of the orders are straight forward. A few tricky when the item is no longer on the menu or the merchant doesn't offer pick ups. Has anyone else started? sheryl
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 05:39 AM
WAHM Regular

What kind of phone is required to make the calls? My cell phone is pretty standard. I have an old android that I only use for wifi, I wonder if theres an app that I can use to make the calls.

How many calls did you get in during your shift?

I appreciate all the info your giving and am looking forward to stating.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliexxoo1 View Post
I applied via the Craigslist ad, got the email to schedule an interview, and waited. Never got the call for the interview. Kind of disappointed. I emailed to see if we could reschedule (cause Lord knows sometimes life happens!) but have had no response there either. Bummer
Same here. I've emailed a couple more times but haven't heard back.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:38 AM
WAHM Regular

They may have already filled all their open spots. This company isn't good at replying back. Wish GrubHub hired remote work, but they don't. They answered me on twitter and that shows you they are a good company, while postmates ignored me.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Default I dont see the where to put my direct deposit info.....!

Did we submit direct deposit information on the first few forms? If not, where do we fill that information in?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:20 PM
WAHM Regular

It's been a week since I esigned my independent contractor agreement, and I've gotten precisely nothing from the company since. All of my emails have been ignored or unnoticed.

Quite unhappy.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlance View Post
It's been a week since I esigned my independent contractor agreement, and I've gotten precisely nothing from the company since. All of my emails have been ignored or unnoticed.

Quite unhappy.
Same here.
I'm kind of over it. I'm not going to beg them for a job.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlance View Post

Quite unhappy.

I'm over it as well, I'm quite certain they are still processing but it would be very professional to send update notices to everyone as to where they stand, whether they over hired or are still hiring. I had my initial interview on Saturday, March 21st. I sent an email to Megan on March 25th due to not hearing anything, got a response from Hayley on March 28th that they are still processing, it takes a while, and they don't do any of it on weekends. Surprisingly, on the weekend, Sunday to be exact, I received a Docusign email for the Consulting Agreement and the following day, I received the W-9 Docusign. That was on March 30th, I haven't received anything since, I'm not interested in emailing anymore, so if this is for me, everything will fall in place, if it is not, no loss on my part, already moving right along in seeking other work. Have a great night everyone!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:43 PM
WAHM Regular

I never heard anything back either. It only takes a few seconds to send an email.

Luckily a really nice company I did temp work for called me up to come work for them part time. I will be doing data entry, filing and some other easy things. They are even going to work around whatever hours I pick to work which can change as I need them to. All for much more than than postmates would have paid.

I feel so blessed and relieved to have income on the way. And if I all works out okay, a permanent position with the company. Its not telecommute but it beats being broke all the time. Praise God!!! And ya'll keep your heads up even if postmates don't pan out. Something better will. Hugs

UPDATE
Well shut my mouth! I just got all the documents to sign through docusign. I feel like a big jerk now for poo pooing them. I will see what happens and this will be a night time/weekend egg for me if I actually get on board. Will keep ya'll posted.

Last edited by Csharp; 04-02-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csharp View Post
I never heard anything back either. It only takes a few seconds to send an email.

Luckily a really nice company I did temp work for called me up to come work for them part time. I will be doing data entry, filing and some other easy things. They are even going to work around whatever hours I pick to work which can change as I need them to. All for much more than than postmates would have paid.

I feel so blessed and relieved to have income on the way. And if I all works out okay, a permanent position with the company. Its not telecommute but it beats being broke all the time. Praise God!!! And ya'll keep your heads up even if postmates don't pan out. Something better will. Hugs

UPDATE
Well shut my mouth! I just got all the documents to sign through docusign. I feel like a big jerk now for poo pooing them. I will see what happens and this will be a night time/weekend egg for me if I actually get on board. Will keep ya'll posted.
Lol, Congratulations x2 to you, the Update literally made me laugh! I'm glad you finally heard from them despite their turtle pace! And great luck to you on your new job, I hope you get a permanent position as well, God is good!