Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Info on Convergys

I would love some input from those who work for Convergys or have worked for them in the past. I've been offered a position and I'm looking for feedback on how "good" of a company this is?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2015, 08:06 AM
WAHM Master

Congrats! Which project were you offered a job on?

I was offered a job on the A*&T account back in the fall and declined. I do not like the idea of heavy pressure to sell or retain a customer when they are mad. I have been on the receiving end of that too many times.

I keep my application active with them in case another project opens that meets my needs. I never did hear anything bad about them so overall I think they are a good company to work with.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:22 PM
WAHM Regular

I made it thru one month of training for AT&T. I quit 2 weeks before I hit production due to pure overwhelm of the amount of information that is given on top of very little time to practice what you learn. By the end of training all I had was notes but very little hands on. I just didnt feel prepared to take live calls.

Some great thing about my time with Convergys was that my trainer I had was super friendly and helpful. My paycheck was accurate and on time. I made friends.

My experiences during training :
There is a large amount of information to learn. It was overwhelming. If you are a quick learner and tech-savvy you'll be fine. I felt that there wasn't enough practice time.
You'll spend time waiting for others computers due to slower connections. It's all virtual so Internet speeds can cause issues with learning environment.
The are numerous screens to toggle between to get answers for customers, to change plans, troubleshooting..

This is just my experiences. Many people I know graduated training and are working there and enjoy it.

Last edited by leahnc; 01-13-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:34 AM
WAHM Regular

I applied on the 12th, received my assessment requests on the 13th. Then did the Virtual Job Assessment just yesterday. My PC/internet/etc more than exceeds requirements for the position, yet somehow they didn't get all three tests and are asking me to do them again.

Then, they asked me to do the Virtual Job Assessment... that I just spent an hour doing yesterday. I'm not doing it again.

I applied for Part Time. By their recent email, it appears they are expecting me to do Full Time and on varying shifts. I don't think so.

What is with every work at home company like Teletech, Convergys and Sutherland, they seem very disorganized and don't appear to be actively listening to prospective/current agents?
Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Default internet speed

I was just about to apply, what does your internet speed have to be, mine is only 1.0 mbps
Old 01-16-2015, 03:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Every job is going to have requirement needed to be able to work the position. It not new maybe you can be alittle more available with your hours instead of just doing a couple hours. Not many job are going to have strictly 3-4 hour shift available. Most are 6 hours - 8 hours on shift

Also you say you need work but it doesn't look like you do. it seem you turn down each one cause of hours given to you... If that the case you should try Sykes i hear they give you less than 5 hours a week.

Last edited by TLD; 01-16-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLD View Post
Every job is going to have requirement needed to be able to work the position. It not new maybe you can be alittle more available with your hours instead of just doing a couple hours. Not many job are going to have strictly 3-4 hour shift available. Most are 6 hours - 8 hours on shift

Also you say you need work but it doesn't look like you do. it seem you turn down each one cause of hours given to you... If that the case you should try Sykes i hear they give you less than 5 hours a week.
At this point, I am now going to tell you that I do not like your attitude. I do not appreciate how you read posts I make and then continue to negate anything I've said as if it were false in some way.

I applied to Teletech for a PERMANENT position. You know what permanent means, right? I was placed into a SEASONAL position without being asked or anything. Like "SURPRISE! YOU'RE A TEMP!" The position I applied to also indicated 24-28 hours per week for work. In no way, shape or form did I get those hours. I was given 3 hours per day, 4 days per week. Some people in my class barely got one day of 3 hours per week. Sorry, but I was lied to and roped into a position I didn't apply to. I didn't leave right away because it was all I had at the time. I left a brick and mortar position to do work at home because I have no vehicle. I left Teletech because of the lies and because of the extreme disorganization. Constant program crashing, dropped calls, supervisors with little experience and unacceptable delays on customers are not things I care to deal with day after day. I do have integrity. I won't work for a company that doesn't care about the customer. (i.e. Comcast, Cox Communications, TWC)
Now, you say "every place will have their cons" and while this is true, being lied to and having the number of issues TeleTech had was unacceptable. And by the looks of reviews on Glassdoor and even members of these forums, I'm not the only one unhappy.

Now, let's move on to Sutherland. I knew I was getting into a seasonal position with them. However, I was told I would be kept on until May with the project Cheryl's Cookies. However, when training time came around, I found out I was on the 1800Flowers project and that it was only lasting 2 weeks after training. Furthermore, I had applied for Part Time mornings, 30 hours per week. After training was over, I was scheduled at 12 hour days, 6 days per week. Now, you tell me what WAHM on these forums would want to get that surprise when they have children/family to care for every day?
The position ended up winding down far ahead of schedule and I lost out on 3 days of potential pay. I have the email that says I was to be moved to the next project. However, I sit here now with no project, no hours, no job.

Now for Convergys. . If Convergys is the type of company that would have you work evenings one night/week then dayshift the next, I want no part of that. If I wanted that, I'd go find a rinky minimum wage retail store to work for.

These places Ms/Mr TLD are called Call Center Farms. Do you know why? Because they "farm" agents in when they need them, then send them back on out when they don't. Like cattle.

I have a small disability, no vehicle and my fiance and I are still trying to get back on our feet after an entire year of nightmare events I won't begin to even go into here. I am unavailable in the evening because of time with family, and I have other obligations in the late afternoons so my availability is 8am to 3pm. Period. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So when I apply to a company, I expect them to listen, understand, and respect me. I expect organization and punctuality. Instead, I'm getting Call Center Farm BS everywhere I turn and I'm sick of it.

I'm also sick of you downplaying every experience/dissatisfaction I post on here, so if you would please, refrain from responding to me anymore. Good day.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Lol damn, i ain't trying to piss you off. so, take a deep breathe and relaxe..... no need to get hostile, i'm not downplaying anyone experience. I'm just saying it seem like you had bad luck with call center maybe try something new is all. you're taking my comments the wrong way. I have a disability as wellm which is why i work at home, and that rinkadink retail store job will pay more than the so called lowsy call center hours you were getting at those establishments. Plus, this is a forum community where i can post and answer what i choose, but i am no way attacking you. I mean i even posted my bad experience with Sutherland so your not the only one on that court with them. So, if you see me comment on a thread and try to bring some light to it it not attacking you... i just don't want ppl passing up opportunity that might suit them. It your experience i get it chill out and mellow out a bit. .

Tags
convergys