Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:36 AM
Registered WAHM

Question Working different jobs at Lionbridge and Appen

Hi! I'm new here!

I have a quick question.

I would like to work as a web search evaluator for Lionbridge and also take an opportunity as a transcriber for Appen Butler Hill.

Is there any problem?, I would work for these two companies at the same time but the jobs are very different from one another, the tasks to be performed in each of them are not related in any way.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2015, 10:04 AM
WAHM Master

I say if you had two job offers from these two companies, go for it!! Don't go around on forums such as this blabbing to the world you work for both. I mean really, how else will they ever know? The way I see it is you may start both and a week or two into them decide one isn't the right fit. So why lose out on the other one?
Old 01-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Registered WAHM

Arrow Conflict of interest

I ask this question because I have read in these forums and other ones that thee are conflicts of interest between companies like Leapforce, Appen, Lionbridge, etc. and that these companies cross check emails and IP adresses to make sure that one person isn't working for both of them.

However, every time that I see that statement is when a person wants to work the same job position for two of these companies at the same time; for example, someone that wants to be a Web Search Evaluator for Lionbridge and Leapforce at the same time often gets rejected by both companies because he can't work for both, but I don't know if it's because the person wants to work the same job or if it's because the mere fact that the person would work for both companies.

In this case, the jobs are different.

Anyone that has some insight on this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Old 01-12-2015, 08:03 AM
WAHM Master

I do not know the answer to that. I applied at both and was not ever contacted though. So "IF" you were offered a job with both, I say weigh the pros and cons and pick one already!!!! They do not hire very easily from what I have heard so don't miss the boat while you wait for answer
Old 11-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Registered WAHM

I heard somewhere that if you work for one you can not work for the other, they both work on the similar project although they are competitors. I also heard, that when you apply they will know your isp address and have a way of knowing that you are wokring for the other.

Did anyone hear the same thing? I actually have a project going on with one and have know been sent an email to continue with my application for the other.

Thank you

Tags
abh, appen, appen butler hill, lionbridge