Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Pay Day and NO Pay

I worked for a company for all of two weeks. Due to technical issues, I I had to be let go. I texted my former employer to see if my check had been mailed out. She informed me that all checks were delayed because they had not been paid by a client. I was an employee, not an Independent Contractor. They took taxes out of my first check and all. I am very upset that I am not getting paid as per the paperwork I signed. What are my options? The company is located in Iowa and I am in Georgia.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2014, 05:42 PM
WAHM Master

I am not sure exactly but I would think you could file a complaint with the Attorney General. That is what I have heard others do.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Sadly this happens more than you think. Many companies operate hand to mouth and have little savings to cover their employee's labor if a check is late getting to them. You have a case but its early to start contacting your state AG. But do start collecting all the information about this company you can just in case they decided to up and skip town.

Also realize that if they have to go out of business it might be very hard to get your money.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaygroomes View Post
I worked for a company for all of two weeks. Due to technical issues, I I had to be let go. I texted my former employer to see if my check had been mailed out. She informed me that all checks were delayed because they had not been paid by a client. I was an employee, not an Independent Contractor. They took taxes out of my first check and all. I am very upset that I am not getting paid as per the paperwork I signed. What are my options? The company is located in Iowa and I am in Georgia.
PM me the name of the company and I will do some checking and see if I can get you any info.