Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Default So I Decided To Pursue Toucan

I have been interested in doing pizza order taking at home for a couple years now but never got around to researching it.

After looking at Contractworld and their setup it seemed to me to be to expensive for the training and then you have to pay for the software each month to access your job....how crazy is that?

Someone mentioned the Canadian company Toucan to me and after talking with them back and forth I decided to give them a try. Still have to pay for training but it was cheaper than with Contractworld and less of a hassle getting signed up so far.

Sent them my information and everything they requested and now just waiting for it to get there in Canada from the USA. Wonder how long that is going to take?

Found some discussions on here from back in 2007-2008 that said that you didn't make much through Toucan working as a pizza pizza order taker. Hope that has changed over the years and I think it has as some of the information pertaining to pay seemed incorrect according to the information I was given.

Wish me good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Awesome WAHM

Isn't Toucan in Canada? Do they hire US citizens? I had heard of them and know that they're in Canada.I wasn't sure if they hired Americans also or just Canadians..
Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't know if they hire in the US or not, but I applied anyway. The worst they can tell me is "no",
Old 07-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

I am Canadian and worked for Toucan 2 years back. It was ok, but yes, you will be lucky if you make minimum wage and if you mess up and order, you don't get paid. It is back to back calls and if you do not log in very early in the morning on Saturdays to grab your hours, chances are the good ones are going to be taken.

I did it and was only able to work certain days and times when my boys were at their dads. Those hours never seemed to be available. If you don't have any set times you HAVE to work, then that shouldn't be a problem for you. Just make sure that you can get some hour around the peak time which are lunch, dinner and late evening. Otherwise, the pay works out less than you would like.

But overall, I probably would have stayed there if the hours had worked out for me. Best of luck to you! I'm not sure if they hire Americans or not either.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:09 PM
WAHM Regular

You don't have to be Canadian to work for Toucan i live in Michigan. I applied awhile ago but didn't start working because I had lot of computer issues. I finally got my computer working with the software so now I just have to take a refreshers course and I will be ready to take calls.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ27 View Post
You don't have to be Canadian to work for Toucan i live in Michigan. I applied awhile ago but didn't start working because I had lot of computer issues. I finally got my computer working with the software so now I just have to take a refreshers course and I will be ready to take calls.
Does anyone know what the website is to apply? I google Toucan and I get the bird of course
Then I've gotten a website where it says they hire people who are handicapped? I need to know the correct site to apply. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

http://www.toucan.cc/
Old 07-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ27 View Post

Thank you!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
I google Toucan and I get the bird of course

I.......Just........Lost........My........Tea..... ..

What a mess. lol