Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Write Score is hiring work from home educational scorers

Educational Scorer - Work from Home Jobs in Chicago, IL - Write Score, LLC

Write Score is an assessment company that services schools in several states in the area of writing based on individual state scoring criteria.
We are currently looking for scorers to join our team. This is a seasonal work from home position. Our season begins in August and continues through May. While work throughout the academic season is fairly consistent, there are busier or slower months than others.

We are looking for self-starters who will be able to work independently, proofread documents carefully, and represent the company in a professional manner.
This is a unique working position and will fit some lifestyles better than others. An evaluation period with a successful completion is required. Scorers will be required to evaluate essays and score them accordingly on a daily basis and make sure that each essay is assigned an independent score that accurately describe those attributes of the essay.

JOB REQUIREMENTS

Job Duties & Requirements:

Scorers are expected to use the required procedure and maintain consistent and reliable scoring.
Ability to communicate and respond to specific directives
Meet specific deadlines
2-year degree
Successful completion of training
Must be flexible (especially during the holidays)
Work well under pressure
Have a good work ethic

JOB SNAPSHOT

Base Pay$8.00 - $15.00 /Hour
Employment TypeSeasonal/Temp
Job TypeEducation, Professional Services
Education2 Year Degree
ExperienceNot Specified
Manages OthersNot Specified
RelocationNo
IndustryEducation - Teaching - Administration
Required TravelNone

http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseek...s&IPath=ILKV0A
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2014, 10:40 AM
WAHM Regular

There's been a lot of discussion about WriteScore on these boards and the WorkPlaceLikeHome boards (you can do a search to find the threads). I haven't worked for them but from what I understand from others who have, they pay is very low (basically depends on how fast you can evaluate the essays based on their very heavy-duty requirements, so the pay is more likely to be on the low end than the high end of the rate they mention). Also, I know at the time I applied, they required that people not have another job to do their work. That might have changed, though.

Djuna
Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Awesome WAHM

I scored for them last year and I liked it. Pay was 35 cents an essay. Can't say if that's low or not because it was my first time doing something like this. I didn't find the scoring requirements hard at all, you follow the rubric and score accordingly. Once you get the hang of it you can score pretty quickly. I think I was averaging 35 to 40 essays an hour so that would be about $12 to $14 per hour.

Don't know if it'll be the same as last year but you do need to go through training that you don't get paid for; however you will "test score" essays to see if you make the cut and I'm pretty sure we got paid for those.

It's assignment based, you'll accept the essays you've been assigned and finish them up within the deadline given (usually a couple of days).

There is lots of talk about Write Score here and other forums both good and bad - this is just my take on it. I'm looking forward to the season starting up again. Totally worked nicely with my WAH schedule.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Questions

Are you required to do an X amount every day?

Is there a set schedule?

Can you log in when you are able to?

I need a very flexible schedule.

Do they offer contracts every year to those that worked the prior season?

I have a fall contract coming up with GAO and plan on plugging away on that as much as possible but would like a backup for days when the work is not really there. I can certainly score essays and GAO.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderone View Post
Are you required to do an X amount every day?

Is there a set schedule?

Can you log in when you are able to?

I need a very flexible schedule.

Do they offer contracts every year to those that worked the prior season?

I have a fall contract coming up with GAO and plan on plugging away on that as much as possible but would like a backup for days when the work is not really there. I can certainly score essays and GAO.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Based on last year (I don't see a reason why things would change):

The schedule is very flexible. You will receive an email when there's work for you in your "queue". When you log in to accept the work ( I think you need to at least accept the work within 12 hours of receiving the email) you will see how many essays you've been assigned to score and when the work needs to be done. Basically after that you just divide your time up.

There's no set amount of essays you have to do per day. They do tell you to figure on about 100 per day as a guideline especially during peak times. You don't want to be scoring 500+ essays all day. It can get mundane at times.

Yes existing scorers are asked back (I just checked on that since this will be my second year)

HTH
Old 06-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

Is there usually enough work to do 4 hrs a day during the season?
Old 06-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestgirl View Post
Is there usually enough work to do 4 hrs a day during the season?
I really wish I could tell you yes, it just varies depending on how many essays you get assigned, how quick you are and what your schedule is. There were lots of days I easily scored 3 to 4 hours per day, other's I might have only scored for an hour. Other's because of my schedule I scored all day.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Super WAHM

Why do you need a webcam for this position? That's the only thing holding me back, I don't have one.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:01 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeysmom View Post
Why do you need a webcam for this position? That's the only thing holding me back, I don't have one.
Their training is done through Webinars (like Go to Meeting). Do you need a webcam in order to participate in Webinar based training? I have a webcam so I never paid attention. That would be the only reason I can think of.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I start training for this next week. I didn't see where it said you were required to have a webcam? Maybe I'm missing that somewhere.