Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Oslo recruiting for Web Search Evaluator?

I hope this is the right place to ask this...

I forgot to make my resume on Monster invisible (to keep insurance companies from bothering me) and this guy who says he is from Oslo has been calling me. He said he found my resume on Monster. English is not his first language and he is very difficult to understand. My resume lists a two year stint with ZeroChaos so he thinks I would be good match for Microsoft. I can tell from the background noise that he is in a call center. Does this sound legit? The terms he mentioned sounded like what Lionbridge was offering a year ago when I was looking. He just emailed me a "RIGHT TO REPRESENT AND NON-SOLICIT FORM" - I guess I'm suspicious because the only time work comes looking for me is when I'm sorry that it is. Working for commission or this or that scam. Why would they have a call center to fill these jobs when there are so many of us looking desperately to find a job? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 03:29 PM
WAHM Regular

So you would be working on this? "Oslo is a people-centered experience that helps users find and discover relevant information and people across Office 365." That sounds cool if he's for real. There must be some contact information you can cross reference and find out if he's legit.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I would be doing web search evaluation for Microsoft and Oslo would be the company paying me - kind of like when I worked for ZeroChaos to do ad rating for Google. It sounded like what Lionbridge does. Except I kept asking him if there was a quota or a number of tasks I needed to get done and he just kept saying you'd get paid for 20 hours - something seemed hinky about the whole thing. One guy has been calling and emailing me and now a different guy with a different phone number wants me to call him back. Again with that thick Indian accent and I can't quite make out what he is saying on the answering machine. I'm wondering if this is a scam and someone pretending to be from Oslo - I've been searching for jobs for over 4 years now and no one goes thru this to get you to work for them part-time. Just wondering if anyone else had encountered either Oslo subcontracing work for Microsoft or a scam pretending to do so.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Oslo's not a company per se, it's a code name for a division within Microsoft. I'd try googling those phone numbers and see what comes up.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Oslo Solutions LLC

Welcome to Oslo Solutions LLC
Old 05-13-2014, 05:50 PM
WAHM Regular

"Oslo Solutions is a fast growing software firm looking for Web Administrators, System Administrators, SQL Administrators, Software Testers, Software Designer Engineers , QA Engineers , If you know one or more of these technologies , we have challenging and rewarding job for you."
Why would they be in a call center trying to place part-time web evaluators for low-paying IC work? Just didn't ring true to me - wondering if they are masquerading as this company to pull some scam.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

I think you're right. Their website looks awfully generic for a techie firm. There are misspellings and capitalization oddities. The address is a 4 bedroom house according to Zillow. Some information that might be of interest: "Oslo Solutions Llc has filed 150 labor condition applications for H1B visa and 0 labor certifications for green card from fiscal year 2011 to 2013. Oslo Solutions was ranked 1217 among all visa sponsors. Please note that 14 LCA for H1B Visa and 0 LC for green card have been denied or withdrawn during the same period. H1B Visa Contact Sowmya Ponduru CEO 425-306-xxxx [email protected] Green Card Contact Madhu Ponduru n.a. 42530665xxxx [email protected]"

It must be the Pondurus who are calling you. This seems disingenuous at best.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 PM
WAHM Regular

The laughable part is that I am so broke I have nothing to steal! If they scammed me they'd probably end up having to pay me some money!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Super WAHM

The website shows their phone number and address, location is in US. I also traced the site and it was registered in year 2008 and will expire in year 2021.

The meaning of Oslo is, I think a city name in Norway. Probably this company owners are originally from Oslo, Norway.

Oslo Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Oslo Solutions Jobs | Glassdoor

They have a lot of jobs listed everywhere. They have on-site positions and they give visa-sponsorship if the applicants need it.

I did research and I don't see any negative reviews about the company.

From the information I see, they look legit to me.

What "elf" found is about H1B visa, http://www.myvisajobs.com/Visa-Spons...ns/1099126.htm

If they got denied visa for their employees, it doesn't mean they are a scam. I don't think you need H1B visa, the job they wanted to offer you is, a work at home position.

As far as I can see from the visa information, they did not get denied visa of all applicants, for example, in 2013 only 10 people got denied, 80 people certified, 2 people withdrawn.

Some of the applicants who got denied are based on their own history/problems, not because of the company.

For example, I know one guy who lives in Canada, he studied a six month Software Development program in private college. He got a job for one company in New Jersey, the company paid for relocation, the guy went and attended the company 3 month training and applied for H1B visa; he got denied and came back to Canada. The reason he got denied was that he didn't have an IT/Computer Science degree.

Last edited by Lihem; 05-14-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 PM
WAHM Regular

maybe it was legit - it just sounded so fishy - they look like they deal with IT - why would they be wasting their time with part-time Bing raters? He was hawking a low-paying, part-time job - just got my spidey-sense going with all the calls he was making.