Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Super WAHM

Yes they are IT based, the "Web Search Evaluator" position is one part of IT position. This company is may be acting as an agent. If they are doing the search evaluation for Microsoft or Google or Bing, they all will pay high money to Oslosolutions. If you work for Oslosolutions, Oslosolution will pay you a portion of the amount they get from those companies.

Last edited by Lihem; 05-14-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 08:02 AM
WAHM Regular

IT jobs and the salary they command aren't even slightly related to the amount of money paid to raters - I'm just surprised a company that places full-time IT employees would be fooling around with part-time, high-turnover, low-paying rater jobs. I've worked as a Google rater for two one-year terms and I was paid for training, allowed to work 30 hours a week and made an ok hourly wage. This guy was pushing Microsoft - no paid training - pass the test and get the job, don't pass the test, don't get the job, max of 20 hours per week, but he claimed some people worked 23 hours (?) and he couldn't match the hourly wage, altho he did raise it slightly. He denied there were ever task shortages and he had no idea what i was talking about when I asked about if I had to meet some standard such as a certain number of tasks per hour. Maybe they are just getting into this and don't realize what a headache it will be with a revolving door of applicants not passing the test or meeting the productivity standards. I wasn't interested because of the above, but mostly because I took a Bing test last year thru Lionbridge and failed it. The guidelines made no sense to me and seemed to contradict themselves when i did sample ratings. Maybe because I was so used to Google's rules that I couldn't switch gears - don't know.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 PM
WAHM Regular

But don't you think it's weird for a company that's supposed to be well regarded to have only one Glassdoor review posted and it's from just a couple of months ago? Glassdoor does not require you to produce any proof that you worked for the company you are reviewing. Notgramma is right, something is off with this.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Super WAHM

elf,

I know what you are saying, but the H1B visa information you provided shows, higher people of candidates got certified, if that statistics is true.

notgramma,

The company is probably greedy for not paying training, but I am sure Microsoft is paying them.

The person you talked on the phone may be is someone who works in a call center like you thought of it.

Some companies outsource the call center to India, Philippines...

Last edited by Lihem; 05-15-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Well, they called/emailed me repeatedly for two days but they stopped. So, maybe it was legit...or maybe it wasn't and they realized I wasn't going to bite. Had I agreed to sign his form he sent me, I would have been (sooner or later) furnishing them with all my personal info. There were a lot of red flags going off for me. Reminded me of some oversees scam when I couldn't understand either of the callers. The guy asked me where I was (?) which seemed strange - this was after he had already offered me the chance at the job and when I answered IL he said, "I'm in WA" Which struck me as really strange - where I was or where he was isn't really pertinent to an online job. And then he changed the subject. I never applied for this job, he got my resume off Monster, so that took me back too. This job isn't listed on their webpage of jobs they are hiring for - that also made me nervous. All the jobs I saw were very high IT jobs. Why wouldn't they be advertising this job too? They would definitely need more than one. I remember when I got the job with WorkForceLogic (the old ZC name) - I was terrified to be emailing them all my info - SSN, bank routing numbers, etc. There was a phone number to call and I called, but I still felt like I was taking a big chance.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Super WAHM

Yes, you are right, unless you know the company very well, you cannot trust any company to give the SSN.

As of the Web Search Evaluator position you are talking about, I saw the company posting on their site, but they renamed it as "Web Assessor". You can check it on the following link of their site, listed on the first line.

Current open positions

I know also one company(eteaminc) who contact me, by email and phone for IT jobs, also they found my resume at Monster. For example, eTeam is from US. I think they outsource also in India. I get so many contacts from India under the name of eteaminc. Their phone number is toll free 1800 number, but I think it is forwarded to them. There are times I called with that number and asked them if they are in US or other place. They said, we work from India, but eteaminc is located in US, but also branched in other countries. The people who call me from India don't know how to talk, don't even have knowledge of HR, but they say, I am a recruiter, we have a job in your area, we saw your resume from Monster. Can you email us your resume...
Old 05-15-2014, 06:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Ok, thanks Lihem - I guess it was legit - maybe someone here will be interested if they have already passed the Microsoft test. I spent about a week last year going over the training info and it didn't make sense - one time a task was rated one way and then something almost identical would come up and be rated the exact opposite. I couldn't figure out the rhyme or reason and have no desire to attempt it again. The problem with these places not paying us to learn their material is that is giving them no incentive to work with anyone. The worker is taking all the risks. The worker spends their own time learning and then if they flunk the test, Bing, Oslo, Lionbridge isn't out a dime. The same if you can't make rate and they let you go. They haven't spent any money training you so they have little incentive to help you succeed. Just send you out the revolving door and let the next one in. The same with jobs requiring us to pay for our own background check - no investment on their part at all and to top that many places are paying slave wages.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Welcome to Oslo Solutions LLC
Old 08-06-2014, 06:42 PM
WAHM Regular

hay i just wanted to put in my 2 cents that i've worked with them. they are legit and I did get paid. they are indian yes and my immediate supervisor was really nice.