Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy Advice please...

I am, like so many of us here, seeking a from home employment. However, my story drifts off into more uncertain and choppy waters as I reveal the issues I face. My health isn't the greatest, and I simply am not capable of working steadily unless it is something I can do from a cell or other such device.
I have IBS that resists all treatments and switches frequently at the drop of a hat from D to C. To top it off I also have Dysmenorrhea, and Bell's Palsy which never healed up. In short, the traditional phone based work is extremely difficult, and I'm uncertain how much longer my job will keep me on.
Now, I can't blame an employer for having to let me go, because my health struggles flare up randomly to the point it seems as though I need to flake out. Which makes me feel horrid, despite having a doctor's note on the matter or attendance and break issues. Which in turn brought me here. I could use advice on positions realistically I could manage to hold down, or if its even feasable to be an employee. If anyone has any information I would be grateful!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Grand WAHM

A lot of the positions posted here are customer service related and involve at least some phone work. Most require a landline, but perhaps you could use a wireless phone with a clear connection?

Writing is another big work at home area to consider and writing jobs are often very flexible.

I am very sorry to hear about the health issues you are facing and I do hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:56 PM
WAHM Master

You could look into writing .. Or sites like mturk that offer piece work and the option to log on and off as needed. Also you might want to check out the "Advertise your business " folder . There are a lot of options in it
Old 04-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you both so very much! I'll take a look into those options as well.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Have you checked out Leapforce At Home, or LionBridge?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Lightbulb

Ditto the suggestions for Internet Assessor gigs like those offered through LeapForce and LionBridge. They allow you to work on your own schedule as long as you meet minimum hours, there is no need to be concerned about background noise or anything but having a reliable internet connection, and they pay very well for what you're asked to do. The drawbacks are that when they don't have enough tasks it can get very lean, and they tend to be strictly temporary, meaning when your project ends the job becomes a memory. But it's great while it lasts.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Registered WAHM

Sadly, I have tried and failed to pass the final testing for those companies like Leapforce and ABH.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renmy View Post
Hello Jinster,

I know of two legitimate sites,free to sign up and you can easily work from your cell phone or any other device and earn $100-$300 weekly.Payments are made Monthly,Bi-weekly and Weekly.If you are interested let me know.

Renmy, You need to read the rules at the top of each forum. You will be unable to post anything if you keep breaking them.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

There are also sites like Mturk and other survey type sites out there that will be small side eggs for most. Some people though do make more with Mturk if they do the writing or transcription hits. That said if you do have transcription skills there are also other companies that hire home workers. Wishing the best for you.