Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:34 AM
WAHM Master

I love being able to work wherever and whenever . I also like being able to wear whatever comfy clothes I want .
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Awesome WAHM

I agree with the posts - I love being able to work from home, being available for my kids. I work with my husband who also works from home so we spend a lot of time together. I guess that can be a good or bad thing.

However, there is that misconception that because you work from home you don't "work" and it takes my kids some getting used to during school vacations. But all in all I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
I love the flexibility, additional time with my family, helping people, and the stability. I've been doing this for over 7 years.

I guess I dislike the interruptions the most. Sometimes people think you are available at the drop of a hat to run an errand, chat, etc.

I totally love working from home though.
I agree with that. I was going to say that I agree with everyone here about making my own schedule, working in my pj's, and not needing childcare for the pros of working at home. My cons also include interruptions, like you said, and how hard it truly is sometimes when you have kids. It takes a lot of self-discipline and focus. But I wouldn't change it for the world...
Old 01-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

When I was working phone jobs I hated the background noise that I could not change like my neighbors dog, yard care people using mowers, trimmers, people talking loudly outside, etc.. Mainly the dogs would stress me out.

Also, most call center jobs have crazy schedules and it stinks having to work when your family is in the next room relaxing. It is more fun to work in an office during weekends and evenings because everyone is in the same boat and they have teambuilding contests and such.

I do love all of the mentioned perks like not leaving the house, working in pj's, saving money on various things and having a flexible schedule when possible.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Author & Entrepreneur

No need to wear a suit.

"FREEEEDOM!"
Old 01-29-2014, 09:16 AM
WAHM Regular

I like the flexibility and not having to be there on time.

I dislike being so close to all the housework.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm fortunate enough to have a full time, good paying, work at home job so the pay is very nice. Plus I'm an actual employee so no need for that horrible 1099 form.

The schedule adherence I'm not really fond of. I'd rather work on my own schedule as there are some days I'd prefer to start earlier than later but that's the price I guess.

I also miss working in an office believe it or not. As soon as my little girl starts school in the fall and I finish up my college courses I'm most definitely going to be leaving the work from home jobs behind. I'm the type of person that hates to be confined at home at all so I find reasons to get out and do meaningless tasks when I'm not working just to get a breath of air from everything.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 AM
WAHM Regular

LOVE: I love the convenience. I love that I can technically work in my pajamas if I very well pleased. I love looking out the window in torrential rain and knowing I don't have to leave. I love being able to stay home when one of the kids are sick. I love that I can have supper and laundry going while working.

DON'T LOVE: I dislike when people assume working from home is the same as relaxing all day with a magazine and a margarita. How often do we get the, "You're home anyway, would you mine driving/going/picking up/dropping off etc. etc.". Um, no - it's WORK. Just like your WORK.
I also dislike being so close to work. It's so easy to just 'check a quick email' and an hour later I'm still at the computer working. In a way, it would be easier to lock up at the end of the day and not work again until the next morning.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered WAHM

I love setting my own hours - work when I want to, take off and go to my kids' school functions when I want to, don't have to work when I'm sick, etc.

I dislike not having a secure paycheck (even at my six figure level I STILL hate it LOL). But then, NO job is secure these days so even being "employed" wouldn't mean anything I guess.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Banned

Love - having a flexible schedule, not answering to anyone but myself and my family
Dislike - have trouble switching off as I am always coming up with new ideas