Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

Does anyone know anything or is working for [email protected]? They are advertising on craiglist in my area and I wanted to know if they are a good place to work.

Thanks,
Toy
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've never heard of them before. The only ad I found online (I didn't look very long) said they are paying $1/100 words. If you think you can work for that rate then I would say go for it as long as they don't do something suspicious like try to make you pay to start or something scammy like that. domainite.com is an actual website. Please let us know if you try it out!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Registered WAHM

I did one assignment for this site. The process for picking assignments is a bit confusing at first, but they have a walkthrough to help. However I absolutely hated this site. The work is so monotonous and must be completed far too quickly. You are expected to produce at least 1500 words that comprises 5-6 pages of a website in "no more than a few hours" with a maximum time limit of 12 hours. For all that work you get a flat rate of $15. That's ridiculous to me because if I want to spend my time on quality writing I would be hard pressed to do it that quickly.

I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone at all.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 AM
WAHM Regular

I did a few assignments for them last month. Once you get used to Basecamp, (the program they use to post and submit assignments,) it's pretty straight forward. The pay is lousy IMO at .01 per word. The upside is that the assignments are very easy and they paid me on time. They pay weekly via paypal.
If you are a fast writer and can knock out a couple 500 word assignments an hour then you'd be making $10/hour but that's not really all that feasible for most folks.
This would be good for those who just need a little supplementing and can't work phone gigs or only at night etc... Or if you are wanting to gain experience.
Also, the owner/manager, Mike is very nice.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:15 PM
WAHM Regular

What kind of topics do you write about?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:40 PM
WAHM Regular

It varies widely... some projects are 500 words on a very specific topic, like colleges in California, or solar powered water heaters - and some are multi-page content for business websites, which pay more.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:25 AM
Registered WAHM

Was everyone who currently writes for Domainite paid last week? Mike sent a bunch of messages about a new invoice process, and I followed directions, but my invoice was never paid. I've tried emailing and saw someone posted about their lack of payment on basecamp. I felt a little better after I read the comment here about always paying, but I'm still frustrated.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyWAHM View Post
Was everyone who currently writes for Domainite paid last week? Mike sent a bunch of messages about a new invoice process, and I followed directions, but my invoice was never paid. I've tried emailing and saw someone posted about their lack of payment on basecamp. I felt a little better after I read the comment here about always paying, but I'm still frustrated.
That's frustrating!
I haven't written anything in a couple weeks.
Did you try emailing Mike directly?
Good luck!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debatemom View Post
That's frustrating!
I haven't written anything in a couple weeks.
Did you try emailing Mike directly?
Good luck!
Yes it is :/. I'm not really freaking out since it isn't a huge amount of money, I'm just hesitant to write more and it messes up my flow. I was hoping this would be a nice source of extra income. I did email Mike directly on Monday, but the post on basecamp inquiring about payment along with the email saying we would get paid "as soon as possible" set off alarm bells.

I'm hoping someone has been paid from last week since that way I would feel like this is just a one time invoicing error.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered WAHM

Oops i shoulda forgot

Last edited by mikelevin86; 05-06-2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: yea sorry