Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered WAHM

Default TagPics.net

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone here works for Tagpics.net? If so, are any of you having a really hard time getting in to tag pictures? I have not been able to get in to tag for the past few weeks and it is really becoming a pain in the butt. Last time I spoke with the woman who hired me, she said that pictures should be picking up soon; that was weeks ago. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 07:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Can you tell me more about this job?
Old 11-23-2013, 09:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsThompson85 View Post
Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone here works for Tagpics.net? If so, are any of you having a really hard time getting in to tag pictures? I have not been able to get in to tag for the past few weeks and it is really becoming a pain in the butt. Last time I spoke with the woman who hired me, she said that pictures should be picking up soon; that was weeks ago. Thanks in advance.

Hi MrsThompson85,

I work for tagpics and yes it has been very difficult to get on and tag. Lately the program pauses in the middle of my tagging and it is really frustrating because I definitely can't get back on and tag. Personally I believe they are limiting the time that each tagger is on due to funding of the program. What do you think?
Old 11-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi Lizzy,

That is definitely the way it seems.When I am able to get in and tag, I am able to tag no more than an hour, two hours tops, and the system just pauses and I can't get back in. I've been wondering if I was the only one experiencing this. It is very frustrating to say the least.

Last edited by MrsThompson85; 11-27-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi MrsThompson85,

I thought I was the only one experiencing this also. I emailed one of the program heads and asked if the pausing was some sort of glitch and she says that the "pausing" is a new feature to help them monitor quality and give others a chance to get on and tag. I say this is a big let down and really places a damper on any good earnings. Sadly they decided to add this rotten feature right at Christmas shopping time, they could have at least given us a warning before abruptly "adjusting the system". Hopefully they will increase the seats soon.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZY LIZZY View Post
Hi MrsThompson85,

I thought I was the only one experiencing this also. I emailed one of the program heads and asked if the pausing was some sort of glitch and she says that the "pausing" is a new feature to help them monitor quality and give others a chance to get on and tag. I say this is a big let down and really places a damper on any good earnings. Sadly they decided to add this rotten feature right at Christmas shopping time, they could have at least given us a warning before abruptly "adjusting the system". Hopefully they will increase the seats soon.
Seriously?! This explains a lot. I haven't even been able to get in, with constant refreshing, for like two weeks now. I give up after two hours and move onto other things. Ironically, by implementing this new "pause feature," it's now busier than ever, and people can't get it. I haven't been able to get in to verify if the pausing is consistent across the board for all accounts. But, if they are growing as much as we are being led to believe, there should be WAY more seats available....and I am just not seeing it. Maybe they over-hired as so many of these companies tend to do....back to writing and LionBridge I guess....it was a nice mindless break and I made good money with it, but it's not worth the refreshing anymore if it's just gonna pause after an hour.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Default login issues

Quote:
Hi MrsThompson85,

I work for tagpics and yes it has been very difficult to get on and tag. Lately the program pauses in the middle of my tagging and it is really frustrating because I definitely can't get back on and tag. Personally I believe they are limiting the time that each tagger is on due to funding of the program. What do you think?
Sounds as if the system is limiting the amount of time each tagger is allowed to work. Hopefully business will pick up for the company and result in increased earning hours for taggers.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 PM
WAHM Regular

The moderator also mentioned that poorly tagged images and staying on for 8 hours at a time can cause the page to be paused. They don't want taggers to stay on for long lengths because it prevents others from being able to get on and tag. However, I believe this is not the case because I was "paused" after only working an hour and a half but the moderator says some of my tags were poor and the system picked up on it and paused my session. Not to be boastful or anything, I always take pride in providing quality tags for images and sometimes there would be a misspelling or two but nothing really drastic to get me tossed out of a session. I think they are cutting everyone's work sessions until they can gain the Android app market to get more users which will hopefully result in more seats for everyone.

Last edited by DIZZY LIZZY; 12-05-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
The moderator also mentioned that poorly tagged images and staying on for 8 hours at a time can cause the page to be paused. They don't want taggers to stay on for long lengths because it prevents others from being able to get on and tag. However, I believe this is not the case because I was "paused" after only working an hour and a half but the moderator says some of my tags were poor and the system picked up on it and paused my session. Not to be boastful or anything, I always take pride in providing quality tags for images and sometimes there would be a misspelling or two but nothing really drastic to get me tossed out of a session. I think they are cutting everyone's work sessions until they can gain the Android app market to get more users which will hopefully result in more seats for everyone.
I was assured via email today that the pausing is not a new feature. It has always been in place to essentially boot consistently poor tags/taggers/tagging to make room for those that want to get in and earn. I have never been booted, but I haven't been able to get in in weeks to confirm whether they have cracked down even on the good taggers and implemented additional Q&A checks within the system. She did say she expects some good news on more seats today and after teh New Year, so I am excited. I love the work immensely, and I definitely hope the program has longevity, because they always pay on time, the pay rate is acceptable, they provide excellent PowerPoint presentations clarifying common images, and the communication is beyond top notch!! This time of year, I think most freelancers and respective companies are feeling the pressure and pinch. I have confidence that (once I am able to get back in) I will be able to stay in for the duration, as I have in previous months....just gotta figure out how to crack the seemingly-impossible code of stalking and refreshing to get a seat. Best of luck to all taggers!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Super WAHM

I just wanted to update everyone that I have been able to get into TagPics, since they opened up some more seats early this morning, and I have been on and successfully tagging for almost 5 hours now without a single hiccup or pause. So, the system checks in place to kick out sub-par tagging, but not kick out everyone after an hour or two, seems to be accurate. Hope this helps!