Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Super WAHM

I have a preliminary red flag warning for everyone involved with this company. I got paid promptly for my sample last Monday, so I decided to jump right in and take on quite a bit of work. Their communication was top notch when it came to answering requests for additional work, loading more work, etc. The email communication pertaining to "where is my pay since it's Monday...?" Well, I'm suddenly hearing crickets. I was paid last Monday at 1pm EST. It is 8:40pm EST and I am expecting significantly more money and...nothing. I have reached out to two different points of contact within the company over the course of the last few hours, and I haven't received anything back. I have logged into my account using my credentials and was able to see my completed work, etc. So I am hoping it's just a glitch of sorts (wishful thinking?). This (maybe) issue aside, I have a rant somewhat pertaining to this type of issue that has happened to me multiple times in the past with other organizations:

I get VERY tired of adhering to deadlines and submitting excellent quality work to some companies, but when it comes to being paid by some of these companies, they make excuses or magically have payment-related issues, disappear all together, or do NOT put paying their contractors/employees a top priority and that really chaps my @$$! If you can't make paying the people that keep your business running a top priority, then you don't deserve to be in business....I am the wrong person to tick off because I will full-on blast these companies and even reach out to the companies that are on the receiving end of the outsourced work to inform them of their "middle man's" unethical business practices. One would argue that "this comes with the territory of working from home," but that is horse poo. Home-based employees and contractors work just as hard, if not harder, than those at B&M jobs. Obtaining steady work, getting through dry spells, receiving lower wages than comparable jobs "out in the real world," applying to new companies often when eggs disappear, adhering to many different companies' policies, etc. is just another "stressful day in the life" of a home-based worker. I may just be ready to hang up my hat, as I've had more letdowns than pick-me-ups working from home for MANY years, I'm sorry to say. I am sooooo over it.

I will happily update/edit/delete this post should my money happen to hop into my Paypal account....
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Oh No Purse! I am so sorry to hear this. I have fingers crossed that this is just a glitch. It is beyond disheartening when stuff like this happens over and over again.

Please let us know if you do indeed get paid - I am hoping hoping hoping you do!

Best,
Irene
Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks, Irene. It seemed like a great lead, and I couldn't find anything negative about them online. Plus, they have been registered since 2010 as far as domains go. They also work with some VERY large and well respected companies, so I can't imagine how this could have happened. Since they are blatantly going against their written policy, I am going to go ahead and say that I was working on product descriptions for the Coastal.com project. I am tempted to reach out to Coastal.com and let them know about the shady business practices. Even if they do pay me (which I doubt will happen at this point), I will no longer be writing anything for them because they do not honor their policies, and I can't be sitting around holding my breath from week to week wondering when and if I'll get paid.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Awesome WAHM

Did they ever pay you? Or anyone else for that matter?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Anyone else having trouble signing up for this site? I've been clicking on the "Be a Writer" link, but just get a blank page. Maybe 'cause I'm using Chrome? :/

Purse - did you ever get paid??
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Registered WAHM

I think they have everyone do a product description. I don't like product descriptions. :^)
Old 10-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse-onality View Post
Thanks, Irene. It seemed like a great lead, and I couldn't find anything negative about them online. Plus, they have been registered since 2010 as far as domains go. They also work with some VERY large and well respected companies, so I can't imagine how this could have happened. Since they are blatantly going against their written policy, I am going to go ahead and say that I was working on product descriptions for the Coastal.com project. I am tempted to reach out to Coastal.com and let them know about the shady business practices. Even if they do pay me (which I doubt will happen at this point), I will no longer be writing anything for them because they do not honor their policies, and I can't be sitting around holding my breath from week to week wondering when and if I'll get paid.
Did they ever pay you? They now state that Paypal can take 2-5 days to pay. So does every other company, but I've never seen it take that long, but it gives them some wiggle room if there are any problems.

Last edited by bknabe; 10-05-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Accidentally double-quoted and clarification in original portion.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi Purse-onality. My name is Amanda, I am part of the ezdia team. I recently came across this post and am hoping to get in touch with you. Sounds like something may have fallen between the cracks somewhere. Was your payment issue sorted out? If not, we can get it figured out quickly. Can you confirm either way?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi Maeve - Amanda here, I am part of the ezdia team. After coming across this thread, we noticed a few comments with recent issues. You should be able to access the become a writer page using theh Chrome browser. The problem may be that there is an old link being used somewhere here.

Since I am a new member here, I'm not sure that I can post a link -- but go to the ezdia homepage and at the very top there is a link that will take you to the correct page.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Just applied at ezdia.com

I just applied a few minutes ago at ezdia.com and if I do get accepted I just hope they will have more than enough work to keep me busy!