Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:12 PM
WAHM Fanatic

They probably can do this because if they provide an insurance lead it is worth quite a bit of money, so they are probably going to have the people call in to get the card, they have to get them to give enough info to provide a qualified lead to an insurance company. They they sign up for Sidetick TV which is $4.99 per month and they are probably committed for a certain period of time. Then they get the $6.95 or whatever it is and if they are able to sell some other kind of lead from the info they get then that is how they afford the $100 gift card. So it may all be legal, but still pretty sketchy.

As far as the jobs. They are out there. Keep looking. Back in April I started applying to everything I could find. I was so depressed. All of a sudden at the end of May I started getting offers. I ended up accepting three different jobs. I turned down about 4. Now I could kick myself because the full-time job didn't work out (very long and gruesome story) and so I am back looking for a full-time position having to re-apply at places I turned down. It sucks!

It seems to me that hiring as slowed down but it probably runs in cycles. Keep looking, you will find something.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 07:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Gosh, I don't know what to do now. I need a job really bad, and I am suppose to start training.. but now I don't know what to do...
Old 07-16-2013, 07:42 PM
WAHM Regular

SIDETICK.TV is a SCAM
Ripoff Report | Sidetick.tv Complaint Review Internet: 977242

http://www.scambook.com/company/view...vicesideticktv

News Video
http://www.kake.com/news/crimetracke...207632721.html

lots of info on the net about this scam http://tinyurl.com/kadw8k9

Scam Alert - Walmart And Target Card Scams
Free Gift Cards Not So Free
Southwest Florida Online - Sunday Morning News: Scam Alert - Walmart And Target Card Scams

'Free' Walmart gift card scam hits local mailboxes
Carroll County News: Local News: 'Free' Walmart gift card scam hits local mailboxes (12/18/12)

website earnings
http://digsitesvalue.net/s/sidetick.tv

http://digsitesvalue.net/s/cashrebatemall.com

Last edited by danajcoop; 07-16-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM
WAHM Regular

https://snakeriverbbb.wordpress.com/...-gift-rebates/

Smart senior tells scammer off: ‘You must be crazy!’
By Robb Hicken/ BBB’s chief storyteller
This is one 84-year-old that the scammers won’t be taking advantage of.

A tried and true scam nearly caught Boise resident Jane Rice, when she received a post card in the mail that stated she’d need to call and give personal information to retrieve an “UNCLAIMED Reward!”

Walmart card

She says she called and asked about the gifts and rebates being offered from Wal-Mart and Target, but was skeptical when they wanted to charge her Visa card $6.50 to activate the card.

After saying politely she was not interested in giving out her credit card number to a stranger, she said goodbye.

But, now she started receiving calls.

“The last one of these calls I just said, ‘You must be crazy. No way!’ They hung up on me,” she says. “I’m still pretty sharp at 84 years.”

In 2010, more than 2,700 seniors reported scams with BBB, in 2011 more than 1,300 were filed, and in 2012, 1,413 were filed. A survey conducted by Investor Protection Trust in June 2010 estimated that 7.3 million older Americans — one out of every five citizens 65 and older — have been victims of financial scams.

In this instance, when you call 855-299-2562, the person explains the purpose of the post card, and how the $100 gift rebates, to be mailed, are valid at Wal-Mart and Target, and only requires “plastic” to pay for the shipping fee of $6.95. When calling, BBB asked the company name – US Benefits – if they worked for Walmart – “official marketing for this Wal-Mart offer,” and if the card could be exchanged locally – “I just need your plastic card to send the gift to you.”
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Super WAHM

Thumbs down

I find it utterly ironic ::insert sarcasm:: that the OP is nowhere around to stand behind product/service/company, etc. and refute these claims. Meanwhile, we do our research here on WAHM, and they have come to the wrong place to troll, as intelligent WAHMs and WAHDs have done due diligence in terms of research and uncovering these scoundrels. WTG on uncovering the solid proof that these people are knowingly scamming innocent victims.....shameful.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 PM
WAHM Regular

I watch cable tv shows and movies for free Watch Full Episodes Online Free - Latest TV Shows Full series, season | Videobull.com and PrimeWire | 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis - Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added

There is a trick to watch the shows faster, I choose potlucker and sockshare, on the top right wait for the 5 second countdown, then click skip ad, then click on the show, close ad and watch as a free user, close pop up, then click start video now, close pop up, and start watch your free show without having to pay a cable bill

Last edited by danajcoop; 07-16-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 PM
WAHM Regular

I have not even heard from the person who started the board since yesterday morning when I started speaking with him. We spoke back and forth and then I was supposed to confirm with the trainer about my training "because he won't believe me" (me=the OP). I received an e-mail this morning from the trainer and he asked me for my full name and then some lady who was never even mentioned e-mailed me and asked if I was still interested in the job because I hadn't shown up for training. Though if they even kept in contact I had let the OP know that I'd needed to reschedule. After all of the above posts and the articles I am definitely sticking with my gut feeling and not going any further! Whether people are getting paid or not, something is fishy!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Banned

Default Overwhelming Respons

Hello Everyone

the response has been great... We hired over 50 people this week...

We are taking a few days off of hiring to let the dust settle and get everyone trained

we will be hiring again next week

thanks

Jon Goldstein
Old 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKing View Post
You are not alone I had the same feeling, but because I am new to the whole work at home thing I didn't want to say anything. I looked over their Independent Contractor Agreement and it seemed strange to me. I contacted them and was basically told that the agreement was worded wrong and there was nothing to be worried about. I didn't sign the agreement. I feel that if I sign it, and my suspicions were valued I would have no recourse because I did sign it.

I also Googled the company and couldn't find anything about this position. The company that they say is providing the Walmart giftcards is a real company, but I couldn't find anything showing that they were offering the cards.

As you mentioned there is a fee of $6.95 for the caller to get the giftcard. According to the IC Agreement you are paid $4.00 commission for getting an "Approved" credit card number. That just doesn't sound right to me. Why would you charge them to get the card, and then pay me commission for getting their card number?

There are so many things that are off with this company that I could fill this entire page. If there is someone here that has some experience with understanding contracts, I would be happy to send you a copy of the IC Agreement to read.

Please be careful, and make sure you aren't doing something illegal. As I said before I am new to this whole thing, but from what I am reading in the IC Agreement you are liable if anything goes wrong.

what is the name of the company?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM
WAHM Regular

You got to be kidding me.... he came on here and told us they've hired people but didn't care to confirm, deny, or even acknowledge what we've been talking about? No thank you. I wish everyone luck but I definitely will not be working for them.