Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Need ideas for a job in a noisy house!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I just started on this site so I'm still trying to navigate all the threads.

I just became a stay at home mom again as my son that was a preemie just can't seem to handle daycare and all the germs that come with it. I applied at Appen Butler Hill and took the test. I will not find out until Tuesday if I have passed or not though. I would like to find a few other jobs, but I do not have a home phone and my house can be quite noisy at times! My son still needs interaction so he will go to a church nearby for about 4 hours, two days a week and then he takes a 3 hour nap everyday (super-lucky this child has an awesome sleep schedule!) so I will have a few hours that I could do customer service calls. My daughter gets out of school at 2:30 too so that will add to my noise level. I could always swing a few work hours after they go to bed too.

My question (after all my blabbing) is are there any other jobs that do not require a phone OR jobs that would allow me to work part-time with a VOIP. I do not have a landline and prefer not to get one.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 PM
WAHM Addict

Good luck with your application! I know alot of moms that don't want to be on the phone do writing so you could check that out I personally didn't see a way I could follow strict background noise policies either so a phone job or customer service wasn't for me at all..not with two little kids
Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Grand WAHM

I'd also like to say good luck. Writing may be another area you could look into, either a writing job, or perhaps creating your own sites and blogs and monetizing them with things like Google Adsense or other stuff.

Good luck.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
I'd also like to say good luck. Writing may be another area you could look into, either a writing job, or perhaps creating your own sites and blogs and monetizing them with things like Google Adsense or other stuff.

Good luck.
I do actually have a blog. How do you go about monetizing them? Thank you for the good luck wishes ladies!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 AM
WAHM Master

There area many jobs that don't require a home phone. Writing is probably something that would fit your life style. There are folders that have information about writing.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl17 View Post
I do actually have a blog. How do you go about monetizing them? Thank you for the good luck wishes ladies!

Hi,

That's great if you already have a blog! As mentioned you can add Google Adsense to it.
Also, you can offer affiliate products with companies like Amazon. Check out some of the products you love and that are related to your blog and see if they have affiliate programs.

If it is a wordpress blog you can easily add plugins to help you do these things.

Good luck!

Windy
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Super WAHM

Smile

You may also want to try Odesk. Some people have found decent paying jobs on there.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Super WAHM

Writing is a great alternative. So is transcription and chat moderation. You may want to take a look at these sites as well...

wahadventures.com
ohsnapwahjobs.com
realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com

Good Luck =)
Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Awesome WAHM

Welcome to the forums!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM
WAHM Regular

I would like to suggest you apply at Needle.com. I currently work full time outside my home but I am hoping to stay home with my new baby this coming summer. Like you, I also have 2 other children that will be at home and will be noisy. Needle does customer service chatting for a lot of different companies. I am not sure if they are hiring right now, but they just did recently for Overstock.com. It's flexible so you can either commit to hours or just get online and chat with people during your spare time.