Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Super WAHM

Default I just need a bit of help, please dont hate me lol

I know people ask these questions all the time and I know I have in the past and after this I will stop LOL! I am a stay at home mommy who needs to work for my own sanity I do want to do affiliate marketing but It most likely is going to take me awhile to figure out what I am doing. In the meantime I would like to make hopefully 1000$ a month I cant do phone work however, I know there are alot of little non phone work jobs... I do have a bit ( tiny bit ) of writing but was at a 2 or 3 star level before I stopped. I dont know what jobs ( transcripton, writing, whatever ) places hire newer people. I have applied for lionbridge and leapforce before and never heard back. I would prefer someone I could make my own schedule. I dont mind doing little gigs here and there to get to the $1000 a month. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Grand WAHM

Shauna,

Not wanting a phone job does limit your possibilities a bit as many positions are customer service related and require some phone work. Writing is another possibility as you mentioned, but there is a lot of competition for those jobs.

In the meantime, you could try creating your own sites and blogs and monetize those. A lot of us have multiple "eggs" that we make money from.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

If you want to build up to being able to make the amount that you need each month, you could try the bidding sites like Odesk and Elance. Some of the writers on this very board found private clients through there.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Super WAHM

Shauna~

Nobody will hate you for asking questions!! That's what these boards are here for!

I think you've gotten really good advice. If you like to write, keep doing it. Some people have great success with it!

One added suggestion, and maybe someone can elaborate, check out Fiverr.com for jobs you can offer. You won't make a ton, but it will give you some experience, and some money until you get your affiliate marketing up and running! Also, check out the writing and affiliate marketing forums on here. There is a lot of info to read, and you can ask questions in there and people who have experience in those areas will be able to give you more specific answers.

Good luck, Shauna!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Work

It takes a bit of work and research. Sometimes it's the timing that gets you. I wanted a editing job about three months ago and it just opened up. Hopefully I get it! You can try Needle, Amazon MTurk, Humanatic and a few others. Writing, Editing, Chat, and moderation jobs are a few. It just depends on who is hiring and advertising at the moment. You may need a few eggs to make $1K a month. Me and you are in the same boat. Good luck !!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 AM
WAHM Master

Most of us like helping others.. So don't feel bad for asking questions I think your best chance of making what you want right now is to work more than one "egg ". Everyone has mentioned a lot of the sites that will allow you to work and not be chained to the phone.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

In order to make the $1000/mo you'll need to steadily pull in $250/week and most of the little eggs just aren't going to do that and allow you time to build your affiliate marketing business. (prob. at least 10/wk)

Any business opportunities will take time to build (just as your Affiliate Mkt work plus you already have chosen AM as your biz opp so you'd be taking away from that stream of income if you chose another biz)

Task work or 'eggs' - you'd really have to pour in the hours to make that much weekly like you'd be running non-stop.
'
There are some jobs that hire new transcriptionists (Tiger Fish is one, QT / iDictate are others QT is quite low paying but better paying than most task work - but if you pass the test for iDicatate the pay is a lot better

But you can still keep looking for non-phone project work (tutoring/ test scoring?) which will pay at least $10/hr and you could work 25 hour weekly for the extra money.

and for writing gigs look into writersdomain.net and problogger.net for higher paying writing gigs
Old 01-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

it is indeed possible to make money chatting and not using the phone, but its going to be kinda hard, it needs a lot of patience and dedication to succeed in the chat business