Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Default working at home for real

are there really any "work" at home jobs available? all i ever find are "tasks" or "projects" that you have to bid on to get or these sites that pay you pennies per task. are there no actual jobs paying hourly other than phone jobs anymore? i was fortunate to get a job years ago answering automotive questions on a forum, i got paid 1.50 per question and each question averaged a response time of about 2 minutes. it was good while it lasted but the site changed so much that you struggled to get questions to answer at all. i would love to find a question and answer site like that with good payout or data entry jobs, or posting ads etc. anything but phone and writing jobs??
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Super WAHM

there are a number of them, but many limit where they will hire.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:00 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Data entry jobs are hard to come by (and the pay is generally pretty low). Posting ads is basically just affiliate marketing where you get paid commissions for sales. One option to look into might be the Search Engine Evaluator jobs (Leapforce, Lionbridge and Butler Hill).
Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM
WAHM Regular

I was just hired by Leapforce, and yes, jobs like search engine evaluator, ads quality rater (I believe that's Butler Hill), and the like are legitimate work-at-home jobs that pay by the hour. Definitely worth looking into!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
WAHM Regular

i have already applied (and been denied) a job at leapforce and lionbridge. I went and applied at butler hill though since i have never heard of that one. I think i went to the right place, is it Appen Butler Hill?? Anyway thanks for that lead. Should I receive a response from them soon?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Grand WAHM

Most of the positions posted here are customer service related. There are a lot of us here who really make money at home.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 AM
WAHM Master

The jobs your talking about are harder to find ... Because most people want them . There is a very low turn over and a lot of applicants.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
WAHM Fanatic

yes there are literally hundreds of job types/positions that keep us working at home. I've been working from home since 1997 so have millions of others of us. Here on this forum you will see the bulk of customer service type positions but also in the other folders you may see other types of open positions in the many of the other types of work, medical coding, medical billing, virtual assistants, search engine evaluators, web research, transcription, IT, legal & paralegal, and all the other skilled trades that can be done virtually.

Depending on your experience, whether you have a degree, your interests and other such factors depend on what type of jobs you will be suited for. I suggest you start with what you want to do, then search for a way to do it virtually.

btw: I'm single with a mortgage and a boatload of bills so need to earn a real living online not just some 'extra' money. I'm a freelancer, so pick & choose work I enjoy - if I can do this so can you!

Last edited by msuggitt; 02-18-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Have you ever considered creating your own work from home job instead of looking for ones that are available through other people or companies? You can do this with photography like myself or any other hobby you are passionate about and can find a way to make money doing. I have been working from home for 7 years with my photography business and have been blessed to be home to raise my 11 year old and 9 month old as well as make a great income. If you are interested and have any questions on how to get the ball rolling in this direction I would love to talk!

~Jen
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
WAHM Regular

You might check out www.homejobsformom.com, a site that lists legitimate work from home opportunities to help you avoid scams. The site lists hundreds of companies in its job leads section.