Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:58 PM
WAHM Regular

yes i have thought about what i could do myself for years and nothing has ever come of it. my closest "success" (if you would even call it that) was a website i built from scratch myself selling ebooks. i spent hours upon hours working on this with SEO, advertising, creating unique content etc.. and i had the site for almost a year and made.. 50 bucks total, subtracting the site hosting fees and URL fee i broke dead even. was a heartbreaker and i'll never do that again. i'm not really good at anything other than working on cars and typing so i think i'm out of look for a wah job. i've tried general transcription jobs but i just can't understand the people talking so it always takes me forever to type one file up. maybe make 2 bucks an hour with it, if i'm lucky. i'm just down and out
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
WAHM Fanatic

There are real work from home jobs where you can earn a salary and some offer limited benefits.

The type of job you will get would depend on your skill set. There are a variety out there.

While you are looking, did you write the eBooks you tried to sell on your site? If so you can turn those into books for the Kindle and that can be very profitable.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
WAHM Regular

no I didn't write the ebooks, i'm horrible at writing.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 PM
WAHM Regular

I have a full time job that I do from home - I do tech support. It's not the best job but it works great for my situation right now with a young child and a husband who works 2nd shift.

The jobs are out there but a lot of them are tech or customer service jobs that require you to answer calls.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenlittle6 View Post
my closest "success" (if you would even call it that) was a website i built from scratch myself selling ebooks. i spent hours upon hours working on this with SEO, advertising, creating unique content etc..
Being able to build a site from scratch and do SEO is a skill. Have you looked into jobs where you can do that sort of thing?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 AM
WAHM Regular

I would love to do web design / SEO / content updating for a job but I'm not a professional at it. I don't have any experience whatsoever other than my site I built myself. I love challenges and I love learning new things. I taught myself how to do it from hours of reading and experimenting. Noone is going to pay me to do this type of work without a higher education specific to web design and without a portfolio of any kind, I don't believe. If you can point me to a site hiring for this that doesn't require a degree it would be much obliged though.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM
WAHM Regular

I completely love how wise everyone here is! You guys give great tips!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi,
I am new here, and I'm sorry to ask a question that is probably dumb, but what is "The Kindle"?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 PM
WAHM Regular

The Kindle is the eReader that Amazon makes.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Shosted View Post
Hi,
I am new here, and I'm sorry to ask a question that is probably dumb, but what is "The Kindle"?
Kindle is Amazon's eReader.
With the eReader you can download many books instantly and read them.

If you don't own a Kindle, you can download a free app on your computer or other device and read
books also...

Amazon.com: Free Kindle Reading Apps