Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Getting Desperate :(

I've been looking & looking for work at home. Non direct sales (don't think i'd be good at it) & something where I don't have to talk to customers on the phone. I finally found Appen Butler Hill then realized you have to have Windows 7 or Vista, I have XP I also found you need those with LionBridge & Leapforce. I dont know what to do! I'm not the best at writing so I guess that's out of the question. Can anyone help?!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Well, you kind of eliminated most of the WAH jobs we do here, but you could try:

Transcription (General)
Paid survey sites
Paid to click sites
Slice the pie (listening to music and rating it)

Most of us have multiple eggs, not just one gig. It can be difficult to work from home and have only one job, unless you do customer service, writing or sales. And even then, most of us have multiple clients (especially writers) It is possible to support yourself, you just have to sit down and figure out how to plan out how many hours you can work during the day.

If you search around here, you should be able to find a few places to apply to.

Good luck!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Grand WAHM

JCjohnson is right. A lot of us have multiple eggs and earn money from multiple sources.

I would keep looking at this section as new offers are added all the time. Job posting may come a little slower this week though, but I'd expect to see more after Jan 1.

Good luck.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Banned

You need to relax and find out what are your skills and how can you use them to get the job or even how to start your own business.

Best of luck!!

radha
Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly_Pooh View Post
I've been looking & looking for work at home. Non direct sales (don't think i'd be good at it) & something where I don't have to talk to customers on the phone. I finally found Appen Butler Hill then realized you have to have Windows 7 or Vista, I have XP I also found you need those with LionBridge & Leapforce. I dont know what to do! I'm not the best at writing so I guess that's out of the question. Can anyone help?!
Have you tried Odesk https://www.odesk.com/signup/user-type and Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome ? Hope this helps!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 AM
WAHM Master

Working from home has been a journey for me. I started out 13 years ago wanting a non phone typing job. After a ton of research and trying several things .. I realized its very hard to get a job like that and earn a full time income. I learned if I wanted to work from home I had to step out off comfort zone a lite bit. Anyway , I just wanted to share a little of my story with you and hope that you find something
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Textbroker or MTurk might be the best place to start.

But if you are going to want to work from home, you may want to consider trying to update your computer. XP is very old which will make it harder to do work online.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks ladies. I will check those sites! Cant get a new computer at the moment so got to work with my XP ...
Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly_Pooh View Post
There are literally tons of work from home opportunities. Do you want to freelance or do you prefer to work directly for a company as an employee?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post
There are literally tons of work from home opportunities. Do you want to freelance or do you prefer to work directly for a company as an employee?
Hi! I would rather work directly for a company, BUT if there were something else that I could actually do I definitely would.