Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Are there more employer telecommuting jobs?

I am searching for more employer telecommuting jobs, not Independent Contractor jobs. Does anyone have a longer list than the one posted on the forum?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 07:14 AM
WAHM Master

I've worked from home off and on for 12 years and from my experience there are way more IC jobs than employee ones.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malea View Post
I've worked from home off and on for 12 years and from my experience there are way more IC jobs than employee ones.
Agreed I would not wait for that perfect position. I myself have also have been doing things from home since about 2000 all IC positions.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I agree with the others that if you are limiting yourself to looking at non IC jobs that you might be missing some great opportunities.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malea View Post
I also agree. There are more Independant Contractor jobs than employee jobs. But in this economy, anything that helps pay the bills is a good thing.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'd recommend you visit job sites like Monster.com and search for positions that include "telecommute" or "remote work" in job categories that you're interested in/qualified for. There are obviously many more positions and companies that offer telecommuting than are on that list. Dh has had all but 2 employers who have offered some level of telecommuting (including 100% after working in house for some time). (He's in IT/software, so that's the norm.) But all those jobs were found via traditional interviewing/job search (or in several cases, the employers locating him). If you have any capacity to work outside the home, even temporarily, it will expand your job options.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Totally right!!It's better to work outside!!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:08 AM
Super WAHM

[QUOTE="wahmt If you have any capacity to work outside the home, even temporarily, it will expand your job options.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Try working in-house first. Though it can be just as tough still to land a brick and mortar job as well, some employers are open to the idea of you working from home, but that's only after you have proven your work ethic and they've observed it.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, there are not many employee telecommuting jobs. Most people who work from home as an employee must first work on site for a certain amount of time.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 PM
WAHM Regular

While I was still looking for a WAH job, I was prepared to take something where I would be an IC. But I lucked out and got hired as an actual employee through Telenetwork.

But it does seem like the WAH jobs were you are an employee and not an IC are few and far between.