Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Grand WAHM

Absolutely its possible!!! Many here on this forum make more then that a month
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 08:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes it's possible! I don't support my entire family but I do make half of the income between my husband and I.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I have to agree that it can be done

I would agree that creating an income at home and ESPECIALLY if your goal is $25 a day, it is very possible and a great starting point that would not take up much of your day at all. I don't have a degree or experience with my current position but I have been trained more with this position than any other commute position I have had. The support is outstanding and I highly recommend working from home to those I meet and those I know. It takes time and patience to find something that fits in your life and with your style...but I believe there is something out there for everyone.

I wish you much success on your journey!

(I'm new to this site so I hope I reply correctly. My apologies if not.)
Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Talking

I have been working from home full/part-time since 2004 and Full time since 2007. It is possible, you just need to find the right opportunity. Check with your state government and local agencies, they may be hiring teleworkers even if it is part-time telework. Many companies offer some sort of work from home option for certain positions.

I found my job on my States Job website 5 years ago just doing a search. You would be surprised.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknhomemom View Post
Yes, I make more than $900 a month..it is very possible! You can PM me if you would like to know what I do and who i do it for They are hiring

I am PMing you too if that's ok.
Congrats at making so much!
Anita
Old 08-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Super WAHM

It would be awfully nice if we didn't need to be so secretive about what we do . . . after all, we're pretty much all in the same boat now, aren't we? In answer to the initial post, I personally do surveys for cash, key for cash and mturk. They supplement my part-time "regular" employment. It seems to me if you can spend the time to do the research, there is a chance for making the kind of income you're talking about. I think transcription pays quite a bit . . . I wish you luck, hon and would hope more people would come forward with what they are doing to make money at home. I'm just kind of getting sick of the "look out only for me" attitude I've been seeing lately . . .
Old 08-18-2012, 12:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by berly57 View Post
It would be awfully nice if we didn't need to be so secretive about what we do . . . after all, we're pretty much all in the same boat now, aren't we? In answer to the initial post, I personally do surveys for cash, key for cash and mturk. They supplement my part-time "regular" employment. It seems to me if you can spend the time to do the research, there is a chance for making the kind of income you're talking about. I think transcription pays quite a bit . . . I wish you luck, hon and would hope more people would come forward with what they are doing to make money at home. I'm just kind of getting sick of the "look out only for me" attitude I've been seeing lately . . .
Thank you very much, I'm going to have to try mturk. I don't think anyone is trying to be secretive, I think they're just not allowed to really say what companies they work for. Medical transcription is becoming extinct I think, so I'm not sure if that will be the best move.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Super WAHM

Lightbulb Multiple Reasons Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartezJ View Post
Thank you very much, I'm going to have to try mturk. I don't think anyone is trying to be secretive, I think they're just not allowed to really say what companies they work for. Medical transcription is becoming extinct I think, so I'm not sure if that will be the best move.
It's both, it's being secretive and it may be that folk are afraid to mention who they work for, due to company repercussions, I happen to believe the first more so. I read a lot of comments here, though I may pick and chose the ones I comment on, and I distinctly recall a poster stating that it could be a possibility that "you" anyone's who looking for a job, just may "take" their job somehow if they let someone know exactly what their doing. Another reason given was that if they had to search, why shouldn't you? Regardless to the reason, I have come to know, whatever God has for you, whether hidden or obvious, it'll come to you. Just keep searching, keep looking, and applying. One thing's for sure, this current economy has fostered an almost dog eat dog mantra whether it's working in a brick and mortar or telecommuting. I wish all of those who are simply only trying to make an honest living for themselves and/or their family, my best regards!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 AM
WAHM Fanatic

To be honest, I agree with both sides here. It's only natural to want to ask who you work for. I mean... EVEN I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and ask who auburn works for!! On the other hand, I can see why she doesn't want to provide that information.
Yes, I agree that you can make a decent living telecommuting with hard work and a very positive attitude. Good luck!!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:45 PM
WAHM Regular

There are certain jobs crossed off my list due to my cable internet/phone company regulations: "Customer may not use the High speed Internet Service for commercial or business purposes. ... Customer agrees not to use the Phone Service for any commercial reason, including telemarketing, medical transcription, facsimile broadcasting, or other enterprise directed at receiving income or profit. ... {Company Name} may immediately suspend, restrict or cancel your service without prior notice."

I'm hoping that taking online surveys doesn't count under using the Internet Service for business purposes! I search the internet for jobs regularly, so hopefully something will break loose after a while.