Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Does anyone work for Talk2Rep?

Hi ladies,

Do any of you work for Talk2Rep? If so, do you like the job and is the pay decent? I have an interview coming up with them soon and I'm not sure how I feel about the position that I'm interviewing for. It's a sales chat agent. I read some reviews of the company and they were generally mixed. However, every review that I read stated that the position is commission based only. Can someone confirm this for me? I'd just like some more info that I can go into my interview with.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered WAHM

it is commission only i interviwed the other day and she sent me a document that explained the pay scale. its about at least one sale an hour or you will not get paid for that time during the week you worked.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to IrishChik

It is commission based. If you don't meet your quota , which is based on how many hours you work, you will not get paid ANY thing. So, if you work all week, miss your quota by 1, you don't get paid for any of the others you were able to get. This was a huge buzzkill for a lot of people. On the other hand, people with sales experience (a few on other wah forums) have stated they have no problem meeting the weekly quota.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Default T2R... ick!

Despite all the warnings here and on other forums, I thought I'd give them a try. Mind you, I went in realizing it would probably not be what I wanted in the end. Sit at home and be customer service/sales support on a chat program DOES sound pretty good though! So, here's my experience. #1 they have you test in very unconventional ways. I could have told them anything about my typing speed or personality as they utilize free websites and have you tell them the results. That was my first red flag that this place was goofy. Then they interview you, which seems legit. Then they have you do a mock chat as a test. This seemed good too. It is explained to you about the pay, however fully understanding what this means isn't clear until you go through the training and start taking chats and someone explains - off the clock - how to read and understand the stats and where they come from. AFTER you go through training and start work, they claim that you will get paid a minimum per hour for your first 30 days. That was nice to hear, as it gives you a chance to learn what you need to in order to sell. After that, you have to meet a BUNCH of metrics (not just sales per hour) in order to get paid at all. Even if you have the right sales per hour, if some of the metrics are low you will get paid less or not at all. Some paperwork you sign says employee on it (in fact, I have an EMPLOYEE NUMBER), but 90% of the paperwork says independent contractor. While taking chats, if you need a break or need to use the bathroom, that is unpaid time. If your point of contact (aka supervisor) decides they need to talk with you, they have you log out and call them. Again, unpaid time. It's not clear in the beginning what does and what does not count as a sale, but let me say... it's not fair. The customer HAS to add the service while STILL IN CHAT with you and even if they add one particular item, it may not count as a sale for you. Day 1 I had 3 sales in 4 hours. I thought... not too bad. It was explained that 2 of them didn't count because they were not items that I get credit for. The third one they say wasn't showing in the system, although I clearly saw it in the system while still in chat with the customer. You are given a SCHEDULE which they call a "window of hours" based on your availablity NOT based on your prefrence (I was available days and nights with a preference for days. I figured I'd end up with mostly days and a few nights. I got exactly the opposite. ALL nights and ONE day including longer weekend hours! What a joke). In the end, they treat you like an employee in all aspects but do not pay you like one. I didn't stick it out for more than a few days once I got all this clear in my head. I do think it's possible to make the metrics they want you to make, but I don't think their pay scale is worth it, or the worry of working for 2 weeks- not making the metrics- and not getting paid (or in your first 30 days only getting the bare minimum pay which is lower than minimum wage).

Like everyone else said, run and don't look back. I believe it's doable, but I refuse to waste my VALUABLE time (opposite of the hours I really want to work) on a program that should be run 100% as an employee hiring situation rather than 99% employee hiring and 1% IC. As an IC- I've always gotten paid an excellent rate for my work. Their pay scale is worse than McDonalds.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:55 AM
WAHM Regular

I think I saw a thread on another forum about this company. It's everything mekidsmom said it is. Between the commission only after 30 days (and less than minimum wage for the 30 days), provided you meet or exceed their metrics; the expectation of unpaid training and interaction with the supervisors; inflexible hours; having to type 50+ wpm to be hired, and that they seem to want to treat people like employees, but pay them like IC's, I would say to stay away.

Personally, putting in all that time for two weeks or a month, only to be told later when I'm expecting to be paid, that I missed the quota by 1 or 2, and therefore won't be paid just isn't for me. I'd be getting on a plane to their home office to do some serious butt-kicking.

I like jobs where I actually get paid for my time, and I don't get docked if I have to go to the bathroom, or have to stop working to talk with the boss. I also like jobs where I decide which hours work for me, not the other way around.

If I were interviewing for a job, and they mentioned that the job was commission only, I'd stop the interview right there, and tell them that I don't work that way, thank them for their time, and move on.

Also, if you work at McDonalds, it doesn't matter if you sell 1 cheeseburger a day or 500. You get paid the same (minimum wage, usually) for every hour you work.

Last edited by zalloy; 10-06-2012 at 09:57 AM.